rafa_mach
Blank page!
  • 2005/9/7 13:58

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/19

I've been using XOOPS on two websites for more than a year now. Last July, it simply started displaying a blank page on both sites at the same time. I didn't change any code nor install any extra thing. All I was doing is adding content through modules like "Downloads", "Wordbook", and the like.

I contacted my hosting service, saying that my websites were displaying blank pages, and in a couple of days everything was back to normal. But, unfortunately, last week the blank pages came back and for good...

I'm using XOOPS 2.2.2 and was ready to upgrade to 2.2.3. Actually, I tried to upgrade, but each page displayed errors concerning the theme or something. I'm wondering if these themes (7 dana-jane & fycafeaulait) were made only to 2.2.2 and don't work with the latest version, but there's no way I can get back to the sites and change anything in the admin area.

I've uploaded the back up and still nothing. I've tried to re-intall 2.2.2 on top of what I'm already running, and nothing... My last resort will be just erasing everything and dumping the database and starting from scratch, installing 2.2.3 and uploading the back up of the database (too much content I cannot afford to lose, since one site is for my business and the other is an educational one).

Well, if any of you guys have gone through the same thing, please shed a light on this situation and let me know what you've done to solve this problem. Also let me know if you need any extra information about my set up.

Thanks!

rafa_mach
Re: Blank page!
  • 2005/9/7 14:01

• rafa_mach

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/19

Oh... I forgot to tell you that my hosting service upgraded their PHP version... Right now IPowerWeb is using phpMyAdmin 2.6.3-pl1.

Thanks in advance for your comments and ideas.

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits