parca
Why don't the modules update the database?
  • 2005/9/6 11:10

• parca

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/5 9

I have installed XOOPS 2.0.13.1 under IIS and it seems to work fine until I added the downloads and XFsection modules. When I try to add a download file the form submits ok but makes no change to the database, likewise when trying to add new categories and articles in XFsection my changes are also not inserted. Any help greatly appreciated.

jdseymour
Re: Why don't the modules update the database?

It is hard to tell from your post what the problem is. A suggestion would be to enable first PHP debug mode and see if any errors show when you submit a form in the module. Also enable MySQL debug and submit to the effected modules and see if any MySQL errors are shown. Any errors found will give you hints as what to do to fix it, or, post the errors here for review.

parca
  • 2005/9/6 11:27

• parca

• Just popping in

OK, thanks for that I'll give it a try. I'm a bit new to MySQL so do you have any pointers as to how to turn on debugging?

TottoBG
  • 2005/9/6 14:03

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

Quote:
so do you have any pointers as to how to turn on debugging?

You turn on debugging from the XOOPS administration menu -> Settings -> General Settings and when you scroll down there you'll see sth like 'Show in debug mode' (not sure if it was the original text) and a drop down menu and you can choose options between 'PHP debug' / 'MySQL/blocks debug' / 'Smarty Templates Debug' and 'none'. Try them and see what result messages it will give you.

parca
  • 2005/9/16 9:35

• parca

• Just popping in

Thanks for your help TottoBG. I gave up on IIS and installed on Apache which is much nicer and faster too, so I'm up and running.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits