jlz113
Members' area of a web site
  • 2005/9/1 21:57

• jlz113

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/30

Hello. I am trying to build a web site that offers both a public area with a public main menu, and then when the user logs in, they will go to a members' "top page" with has a new main menu with member only information. This seems to be an easy question, but I am stuck....how do I implement this? I am using XOOPS 2.0.x.
Thanks in advance.

pegasus00321
Re: Members area of a web site

Well, when you go to Admin > Groups, you can select the modules that only members can see and prevent the public from viewing certain modules.

Also, you can create a custom block with links and have it show for only members.
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

jlz113
  • 2005/9/5 17:09

• jlz113

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/30

Thanks for the tip, but I am still struggling with this concept. Ideally, I would like to have part of the site accessible to the public, then when they log in, they will go to a member's only index page which would have content that only members can see.

Right now, I am using Content 0.5 for my static content, which might be my problem because I cannot set up individual pages to be "read only by a certain group". A more basic question perhaps is how do I define a members's top page? (A page like the index page of a XOOPS site, but that is available only to those that log in? ) I am sure I am thinking too much about this, so I would appreciate any thoughts.

davidl2
  • 2005/9/5 17:28

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Solo71 has a module which will help here (but I can't remember its name!) - I'll look it up when I get home!

davidl2
  • 2005/9/5 18:04

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

MyHome

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2340

V6-Maniac
  • 2005/9/5 20:25

• V6-Maniac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/15

or do something as i do now on my site.
When a visitor visits my site they see at the top of my page an custom block which i wrote in the theme.html.
But when a users logs in he does not see that block but gets an menu to navigate true his account.

<{if $xoops_isuser}> bla bla bla (block for users)
<{else}>
<
div style="padding: 8px;">
<
fieldset>
<
legend class="blockTitle">Welcome</legend>
<
div class="blockContent"bla bla bla (block for non users
</div>
</
fieldset>
</
div>
<{/if}>

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits