russel1
Donation module
  • 2005/9/5 5:56

• russel1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

Sorry to post this here too but got no answer in "module request"
I am looking for a stable donation module for XOOPS 2.0.x. What can I use?

Thanks

adrock
Re: Donation module
  • 2005/9/5 6:02

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

the xdonations module for XOOPS (as seen on the right side of the page here) is stable....
PayPal has been having problems with their API, and the recent requirements for the accounts that they allow to use it.

You need to have a 'Verified' account account with them, and then you will need to call to get a specific authorization code to use in the module.

I have the module installed on three or four sites and it wokrs without fail...however, when any of my clients change their accounts at PayPal I end up having to call them and have everything reset again. They have as much as admitted the problem is theirs, yet they still have not published a fix or standard resolution to the issue

Have you tried the module?? If so, what issues are you having?

let me guess...it doesn't report the donors?
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

russel1
  • 2005/9/5 6:11

• russel1

• Just popping in

That was fast!
I looked for the xdonation module, but version 1.4 (latest stable has a broken link and can't find it) and version 1.9 is beta...

jporpilla
  • 2005/9/5 6:28

• jporpilla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

I was using Donations module but I can't understand how to do this?

Change Paypal Receiver Email's value to your OWN paypal email!!
i.e.- webmaster@yoursite.com

Also, you must make sure you enter the master paypal email account, otherwise the
Donation module's IPN script will fail, and no records will be logged. To find
out what your master paypal email is, log in to your paypal account, and in the
paypal 'dashboard', you'll see something like this:

Name: WebHostingParadise.com (Jonathan Langevin)
Email: webmaster@csmapcentral.com

You will want to turn IPN notification to "On" and specify the default page to be
http://<{YOUR SITE HERE}>/modules/donations/ipnppd.php

adrock
  • 2005/9/5 8:43

• adrock

• Quite a regular

in the admin section for the module....under configuration...you need to enter your primary paypal email address...then go log into paypal and turn on the IPN notification and enter the uri mentioned, altering it to contain the uri of your site.

it's pretty straight forward...
Paypal also has step by step instructions and help for turning on the IPN notification for the account.

Good Luck, and happy xoopsing!

russel1
  • 2005/9/5 9:04

• russel1

• Just popping in

Ok so what version of xdonations should I use?
What do you mean by "when any of my clients change their accounts at PayPal I end up having to call them and have everything reset again." You have to reset what? And how do you know when something is changed?

Regards

adrock
  • 2005/9/5 9:14

• adrock

• Quite a regular

I am a hosting reseller and web administrator with many clients...some of them pay me to run and maintian their websites for them. When given the choice, I prefer to use XOOPS to do that.
When I log into my help desk app, I get tickets submitted stating that the module is no longer working, and when I call the customer and inquire a bit more, I find out they have changed ISP's or answered a phishing e-mail of some sort that compromised their paypal account. Either way, the e-mail address that they were using at first no longer exists, and when this information is changed at paypal, you need to go restart the IPN logging.
This is done as a security measure at PayPal.

As for which version...both work, but I use 1.9 currently.

mouldy
  • 2005/11/29 6:31

• mouldy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

I'm trying to use v1.9 and when I click the "make a donation button I get a blank page.
help...

http://70.84.199.236/modules/xdonations/index.php

this is the page that is blank,

Notice [PHP]: Constant _DM_CURR_EUR already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 33
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_CURR_USD already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 34
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_CURR_GBP already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 35
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_CURR_JPY already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 36
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_CURR_CAD already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 37
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DEBUGACTIVE already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 40
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DEBUGHEADER already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 41
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_OPENCONN already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 42
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_CONNFAIL already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 43
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_RCVINVALID already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 44
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_VERIFIED already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 45
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_REFUND already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 46
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_TRANSMISSING already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 47
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_MULTITXNS already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 48
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DUPLICATETXN already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 49
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_NOTINTERESTED already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 50
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_INVALIDIPN already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 51
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DEBUGPASS already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 52
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DEBUGFAIL already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 53
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_RCVEMAIL already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 54
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_LOGBEGIN already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 55
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_IFNOERROR already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 56
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_TITLE already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 59
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_MAKEADON already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 60
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_SELECTAMT already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 61
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_SHOWNAME already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 62
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DONTHISMONTH already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 63
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DON_NAME already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 64
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DON_AMT already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 65
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DON_DATE already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 66
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_ANONYMOUS already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 67
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_ANONYMOUS_SHORT already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 68
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_DON_OTHER already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 69
Notice 
[PHP]: Constant _DM_SUBMIT_BUTTON already defined in file c:program filesapache groupapachehtdocsmodulesxdonationslanguageenglishmain.php line 70

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits