EMSguy
Re: mydownloads ALL downloads page
  • 2005/9/4 22:10

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

Are you reffering to XoOgle module? or search cause that will just show you the title and I think only 5 from each module. Not sure I am understanding you now.
"why don't you put her in charge!" aliens
Yes, I have a cool and crunchy exterior and a creamy geeky filling.

adrock
  • 2005/9/4 22:11

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

I'll trade ya! you can come down here to L.A. and roast in the dry heat and smog.... I'll take a brisk cold day, trees, and decent public transportation anyday!

-Adam
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

adrock
  • 2005/9/4 22:18

• adrock

• Quite a regular

Quote:

by xXMaartenXx on 2005/9/4 15:07:40

i think you don`t understand me.

$block = sitemap_get_categoires_map($xoopsDB->prefix("mydownloads_cat"), "cid","pid", "title", "viewcat.php?cid=", "title");

this is a plugin for sitemap module. This shows all the categories in mydownloads module.

Or if i go to the topten php i see 10 links. Now i just want to know how i can show up all the links. Or is that not working at all. So i have to submit 5996 links manualy on a custom html/php file?

No, thats not going to be possible. The table for the downloads has divided everything into categories...so if you altered the code to display all of the downloads instead of just 50...you'd still only get all of the downloads for that specific category.

Unfortunately, the only way I see this happening is to remove all categories and sub categories and altering the display code for the downloads module to show all of them, by using a number that is so far beyond the number of downloads you have, you'll never reach it. (instead of 50, 50,000,000)

But with as many downloads as you have, that is going to make your downloads section a quagmire of links that users will be lost in for days!

xXMaartenXx

Yes that is a big job to see all the downloads.
Google havving some problems with it 2 so i want to help google with a page with all links ;)

I think the best solution is to make page with links to the categories and the categorie pages like this --> viewcat.php?cid=8&min=200&orderby=titleA&show=25

or are this links bad for search engines? (i can try ;))

adrock
  • 2005/9/4 22:36

• adrock

• Quite a regular

Google is not clear in any of their documentation about how deep into a url string it will search. Different people have had different results and have different opinions on how deep the bot will go, or how many characters of a URI string it will accept.

As long as you let the robot have access to the folder with the downloads, and the site is not 'protected' from anonymous users...google will search it.

sometimes a 'work around' is to make a text file with all of the downloads names and descriptions etc in it with a link to the main site, and drop that into the folder where the downloads are...sort of a non-html index of all the downloads. Then google will associate the download names and file names with your site...which is what you want.

Post a link for the rest of us if/when you get the sitemap link thingy working

Happy Xoopsing!

EMSguy
  • 2005/9/4 22:57

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

OMG,

ok sitemap I get it now. yea that would be a big job.

adrock: LA is nice to visit, but nothing more
"why don't you put her in charge!" aliens
Yes, I have a cool and crunchy exterior and a creamy geeky filling.

otr222
  • 2005/9/5 4:19

• otr222

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/13

Off topic.

Nice to see a few BayArea folks here. I'm a 50 year San Jose native. Sure can't beat the weather here, however it is a bit warmer down this way then the northbay.

Greg

adrock
  • 2005/9/5 9:21

• adrock

• Quite a regular

so true about the heat...
the older I got, the further north I went. By the time I ended up moving to SoCal I was living in South City!

That daily afternoon fog blanket was the best!

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits