Gombunan
Strange user error?
  • 2005/7/6 19:27

• Gombunan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

One of my users has been getting the following error when trying to access one (just one) of the forums for my IPB forum.

She has been getting

Quote:

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/modules/protector/class/protector.php on line 44

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/modules/protector/class/protector.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php on line 37
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

And when she tries to access the homepage she gets

Quote:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site/var/www/html/modules/protector/class/protector.php on line 45
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

I am using XOOPS 2.0.10.

The strange thing is, she is the only one from 5000 members having the problem (If there's other users, it's not reported to me).

What do you think causing the problem and how to fix this?

Gombunan
Re: Strange user error?
  • 2005/7/7 4:08

• Gombunan

• Just popping in

The things that separated this member from the others are

She is one of the forum moderators.

She is the top poster

Her post count was reduced before

Anybody please?

pegasus00321

I would just disable the Protector Module, you dont really need it as its redundant since the new versions of XOOPS has a security class.
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

Gombunan
  • 2005/7/8 18:06

• Gombunan

• Just popping in

I am using 2.0.10 so I guess I'll have to enable protector before upgrading to 2.2 tomorrow.

Herko
  • 2005/7/8 19:06

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

don't upgrade to 2.2 (it's still in beta. We hope to release the first Release Candidate this weekend). Upgrade to 2.0.13 That's the latest stable version.

Herko

pegasus00321

You no longer need Protector. XOOPS now has a Security Class which does many things that Protector does.
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

Gombunan
  • 2005/7/11 10:58

• Gombunan

• Just popping in

Quote:

pegasus00321 wrote:
I would just disable the Protector Module, you dont really need it as its redundant since the new versions of XOOPS has a security class.

I tried disabling Protector but that didn't fix the problem.

Peekay
Re: Strange user error? Protector 2.4
  • 2005/7/25 14:51

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I had exactly the same error today. I use 2.0.10 and Protector 2.4.

I had experienced a connection problem (figured my host was having issues). Next time I logged in (as admin) I got the error message. It is particularly disturbing as it displays the full server path on screen.

I have temporarily disabled protector using the 'Temporary Disabled' option' in prefs and everything now works again. I checked to see if my host had upgraded PHP or MySQL, but it appears not. I checked the files mentioned in the message for any stray hard-coded URLs that might have been added when I built the site locally, but there are none.

I have had no problems with it for a month so I don't know what triggered this.

@Gombunan

Did you use the prefs option to disable protector, or just disable the module?. It *might* require that you disable in prefs first (a database change) before disabling the module itself. Just a guess.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Housefly
  • 2005/9/2 13:57

• Housefly

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

Quote:

pegasus00321 wrote:
You no longer need Protector. XOOPS now has a Security Class which does many things that Protector does.

For XOOPS 2.0.13.1 do we still need to use XOOPS protector or not?

Thank you.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits