• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 1

sorry, I am new to XOOPS
I have just newly installed a XOOPS into my server,
but after entering the admin panel and changing some options,
a long passage appears,
it is like this:

""""Why am I being redirected here?

XOOPS Site site security has detected that your computer has a firewall setting that is preventing you from registering on the site. We use 'Referrer-checking' know as HTTP_REFERER which makes sure that all contents posted are from authorised users only. Your firewall settings are blocking this information, so this will prevent you from registering properly if you try and proceed.

Maybe you have already registered successfully before and are now having problems posting to the forums, news, or other form submissions. If this is the case, you have possibly installed a firewall since registration, or changed the settings of an existing installation.

Tell me more...

When you click a Web page button or link on our site, your browser notes the current page that you are on and sends that information to the server before accessing a new page. This way, our website server knows the last Web page that you viewed was part of our site. This is important because certain pages are only accessible after you have logged. In other words, the browser sends a message back saying 'It's OK so serve a registered users page, because this person is registered and already logged in' Some firewalls block this information by default so that you do not broadcast this information to potentially unsafe websites. There is nothing wrong with either the XOOPS security or your firewall settings, they simply need to be enabled to talk to each other.

What can I do?............................etc""""

it talks about a lot of things, but it seems I got no problems with that, I don't have WebWasher Standard Filter/URL Filter, advert. blocking software, Pop-up blockers, NIS, Zone Alarm Pro nor Win XP firewall

I just don't know why
I am now using win XP SP2, with norton anti virus installed

gestroud
Re: "Why am I being redirected here?"
  • 2005/8/14 18:27

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Great question. I'm seeing the same thing happen on one of my sites also. All of them are running XOOPS 2.2.1. All of them have the same values set in the System preferences section. I view all of them from the same computer, but I only experience it on one site. It's got me wondering if it's a theme- or template-related problem. I'm using day break on the site in question.

Mithrandir

You will get to that page, if a non-SELECT query fails and your HTTP REFERER is blocked. This is usually done by software firewalls, but I cannot rule out other software blocking that as well.

It has nothing to do with the theme, templates or anything like that
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

gestroud
  • 2005/8/14 18:35

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Thanks for that. Miss your old avatar, but the new one's pretty cool.

gestroud
  • 2005/8/15 1:34

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Actually, upon reflection, I have to question if this is the case with me. I administer over a dozen sites. I only have this problem with one specific site. It doesn't occur with any of the other sites. Why would this happen with only one site? I've also experienced some weird things with certain themes: suppression of the user menu, throwing columns wherever they want, etc.

Ryansaw
  • 2005/8/19 1:20

• Ryansaw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/6 1

Is there a way to turn this redirect off? It bothers me so much. It happens to me all the time, but if I just go to a new page, it goes away.

Zjerre
  • 2005/8/27 16:22

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/6 1

Quote:

Ryansaw wrote:
Is there a way to turn this redirect off? It bothers me so much.

Same here, very annoying for me and I can't get rid of it.
Suggestions? Tnx.
Et sceleratis sol oritur.

Zjerre
  • 2005/9/2 11:02

• Zjerre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/6 1

*bump*

Anybody?
Et sceleratis sol oritur.

Mjolinir
  • 2005/9/8 23:57

• Mjolinir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/23

I would like to know also. My webserver runs on port 8080, and it seems that is causing the redirect issue also. Is it possible to disable it?

• 2005/9/23 8:44

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/23

what the f*ck is going on, guys, same problem 2 me, please fix it, i'm running windows xp home and i have no firewalls, no popup blockers, and shit like that, i tried to change browsers as well, but it seems a f*ck*n' bug..

i'm running XOOPS "2.2.2", and the same problem happens with the "2.2.3" version.

-> no problems with the "2.0.13"

btw: there are also some problems when i run the version 2.2.x under php "4.4", it just send me lots of php notice* ( i believe i am not the only one), while with php "4.3" there are no problems.

notice example:
* Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference

please guys fix it as soon as you can!

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits