adrock
Re: Xoops & Dynamic Iframes - Making your Other pages Fit in
  • 2005/9/2 4:25

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

thanks angel... I've got that part down...
it isn't an absolute that you need to change the name of the frame...using myframe as the name of the frame works just fine....

I have the "ImpRadio Right now" part of my site using it.

My main problem right now is finding a php script or something else that will 'mirror' or parse my request page so that I can use it in the dynamic iframe.

the request page is on the same pc as the the stream...which is not the same location or doamin as the website. The radio stats page is also generated on the pc running the stream...but I have a parser that resides on the server with the web site, parses the info, and the dynamic frame is able to display it....the same script however does not parse the requst page

Thanks again for all the help!

If anyone knows of a way to 'mirror' this page with php, let me know, as that will solve my problem because I can use the uri of the php script for the dynamic frame.

Thanks!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

MetalHellsAn

I have previousely framed pages using this script whithout needing an exact name of the page. you should be able to put in the addy

http://68.68.54.193:8080/

in the frame script as is.

Quote:
<iframe id="myframe" src="http://68.68.54.193:8080/" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="overflow:visible; width:100%; display:none"></iframe>

Like that without any problems. I did it on my page here

with the address above

Angel

adrock
  • 2005/9/2 5:13

• adrock

• Quite a regular

ok....
This is the shoucast stas page

but THIS page is actually a php script on my webserver that gathers the info from the shoucast page.

the dynamic iframe will not dynamically frame anything that is not in the same domain as the script.

The radio is at my house...the web site and the script are elsewhere.

So... I have this jukebox request page here, but I need to be able to display that page by calling an address on my web server...not my pc at home.

In otherwords, the dynamic iframe will not dynamically display either of the two following pages/locations;
http://68.68.54.193:8000

http://68.68.54.193.8080

it will however dynamically display this page;
http://www.imp96ss.com/shout_stats/radio2.php <----this page is 'mirroring' the content of the shoucast page on port 8000, so I need something that will do the same for the song requestor in order for me to use the dynamic iframe.

make sense?

MetalHellsAn

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying is doesn't frame anything not on the same domain...lol...if this was the case I wouldn't be able to use the script to frame your pages as I have been to give you examples. I edited my post above to show how to make this work with your request page. and as you can see by the example on my page it works splendidly.

adrock
  • 2005/9/2 5:19

• adrock

• Quite a regular

ok...if not being able to show the entire page is 'splendid' then, yes it does work spendidly!

(it WILL frame stuff outside of the domain...just not dynamically) <--- wanted to be clear.

MetalHellsAn

I can't understant why it wouldn't be showing the whole page unless it's the browser because every page that I use this on I have been veiewing it with Maxthon browser (an ie shell) and it may take a moment to load but it does show the entire page once it does. Do think it may be the browser?

MetalHellsAn

Ok it has to be the browser, Pardon me for not being aware of the fact that the script isn't netscape compatible. I only discoverd it just know when I opened my copy of netscape and viewed the page. i will try to fix this though it may take me a few days.

adrock
  • 2005/9/2 5:33

• adrock

• Quite a regular

probably....
here's the difference I get:
Firefox
Resized Image

IE 6
Resized Image

In firefox I at least get a scroll bar for the frame that has not dynamically expanded...in IE it just blocks it off so that it doesn't display.

here's what your page looks like;
Resized Image

MetalHellsAn

apparently this script is said to work with the following browsers

IE 5 and above, Firefox 1.0+. NS6+ and FF beta are assumed as well, Opera 7 and above.

you may want to look into some shoutcast plugins that allow you to run your own request page I saw this one while I was there

http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=119948

adrock
  • 2005/9/2 17:23

• adrock

• Quite a regular

why would anyone use another third party add-on to create playlist html files when winamp will do it for you anyway!?

I'm going to see if I can find someone that can alter that dynamic iframe script to calculate page length from other domains....

Thanks again Angel!

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits