chemoul
block show, but content doesn't [SOLVED]
  • 2005/9/2 5:05

• chemoul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

Hi,
I don't know what I did to my XOOPS installation but for all of a sudden I'm having problems with Main Menu System block and custom blocks. Both blocks show, but no content is being displayed. So for Main Menu I get "Main Menu" but no Links/Buttons. For my custom blocks I get the name of the block displayed, but not the content, although the content is there if I click on the edit button in the admin menu.
I tried deleting and recreating the blocks but it doesn't help. I tried switching to a different template and it doesn't help either. I am 100% positive that the required user/groups permissions are set properly.

I turned on PHP,Mysql and Smarty debugging and here is what I get (I have no idea whether this is related to the problem or not):

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: lang_inbox in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\templates_c\%%22^222^222153D0%%db%3Asystem_block_user.html.php line 12
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_mainmenu.html" in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_mainmenu.html" in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1084
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_module_header in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\templates_c\%%DA^DAE^DAEC925A%%theme.html.php line 9
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_showrblock in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\templates_c\%%DA^DAE^DAEC925A%%theme.html.php line 69
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_clblocks in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\templates_c\%%DA^DAE^DAEC925A%%theme.html.php line 144
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_crblocks in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\templates_c\%%DA^DAE^DAEC925A%%theme.html.php line 158
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: xoops_showrblock in file C:\webserver\htdocs\bizoppsadvisor\templates_c\%%DA^DAE^DAEC925A%%theme.html.php line 179

I cleared out the templates_c folder, but again no luck.
I would be very grateful if someone could help.

Stefan

chemoul
Re: block show, but content doesn't
  • 2005/9/2 17:08

• chemoul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

after some extensive searching in the forum I managed to fix the problem by updating the system module.
I'm not quite sure what caused the corruption though and it seems to be a fairly common problem judging by the number of existing threads.
The MySQL console also came up with a wf_tablesomething error. It might have been me uninstalling wfsections that lead to the problems.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits