padobranac
Problem with instalation
  • 2005/8/31 19:02

• padobranac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/31

I have problem while istalling XOOPS 2.0. The problem is step "check database".
I got the message "Could not connect to the database server.
Please check the database server and its configuration."

I am doing something wrong, but what?
I hope that someone can help me.

m0nty
Re: Problem with instalation
  • 2005/8/31 20:20

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

u know there's an excellent FAQ section on this site, and a search function to search for answers to problems :)

usually it saves time waiting for answers.

most likely, u haven't inputted the right password, username, database name or database host name (localhost) etc.

jebivetr
  • 2005/9/1 14:11

• jebivetr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/1 1

Well I have the same problem an I have done everything as written in FAQ. I've installed MySQL and created user with apropriate rights on database, I have PHP installed as it should be and IIS 6. When i go through install process everything is green up to the database page when I get error that installation script can't connect to server. i've checked and double checked connectivity to server with username that whould be used to access database and it works OK. just when used in install script it can't connect to server. Any idea why???

Grizzlydk
  • 2005/9/1 15:26

• Grizzlydk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Check if php loads MySQL correct

If Yes
---Check MySQL settings
If No
---Check php.ini for MySQL extension

There has been som problem with php and mySQL in regard to password hashing (MySQL 4.1)

See link

MySQL - Hashing Passwords

One of the solutions to the problem is to enable old passwords in MySQL (under security)

If you are running Php 5 you must consider:

Quote:

MySQL is no longer enabled by default, so the php_mysql.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. Also, PHP needs access to the MySQL client library. A file named libmysql.dll is included in the Windows PHP distribution and in order for PHP to talk to MySQL this file needs to be available to the Windows systems PATH. See the FAQ titled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows" for information on how to do this. Although copying libmysql.dll to the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), it's not recommended.

Check out the complete text at:

Php5/MySQL

I don't know anything about IIS only Apache so wether your problem is related to IIS i really can't say.

Grizzly
Danish is viery iasy to spoke

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits