wildo
Problems with Registration and Activation new user
  • 2005/8/31 0:49

• wildo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/1 1

In XOOPS 2.2.3 the emailmessages sent after registration and activation aren't correct.

At first the link to activate the new account wasn't displaying correct, but with info found here on XOOPS (thanks Mithrandir!) I managed to get this problem solved.

After clicking the link I only see '_US_ACTVMAILOK' on the page. And in the email sent to the new users the subject only says '_US_YOURACCOUNT' ... Seems that these constants (?) aren't defined anywhere???

PS:
I solved the linkproblem by using code from a message from Mithrandir in the Beta Testing Forum.
He requested to replace some code in: include/common.php (around lines 119-126)

Strange thing is, though, that I couldn't find the original code in this file at all! It wasn't there, so I just pasted the new code in the file and now the links display correct!

PS 2:
Why can't we reply on messages in the forum for the Beta Testing Team?

PS 3:
Finally I would like to say that I'm very happy with the XOOPS CMS right now. I appreciate all the hard work and time certain people put into XOOPS and I was really irritated by some comments placed on XOOPS here the last few days! I think XOOPS is one of the best CMS's available right now, and it gets better with every new release. I also appreciate that the Devs always try to help new users in a very polite way and I have a lot of appreciation for the adult way of how they handle criticism.
And to all those 'users' who said that they will look for another CMS I would like to say: You don't know what you'll be missing!

Last PS is of topic and doesn't belong in this forum (I know), but I wanted to make this statement somewhere. Sorry, won't happen again

m0nty
Re: Problems with Registration and Activation new user
  • 2005/8/31 1:11

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ps2 : it's a read only forum. only beta testing team can post in there, it is to stop unwanted chatter so that the beta testing team can post and discuss results etc without having to wade thru or have topics interfered with by unnecessary questions and stuff..

cplus
  • 2005/8/31 23:41

• cplus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Im facing the same problem can you link me to that post of mithrandir? also Im facing another problem when I search a user and try to click his name to edit It tells me no user selected!!!

wildo
  • 2005/9/1 0:47

• wildo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/1 1

cplus,

Here's the link you asked for:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=40858&forum=40

\/\/ildo

Quote:

cplus wrote:
Im facing the same problem can you link me to that post of mithrandir? also Im facing another problem when I search a user and try to click his name to edit It tells me no user selected!!!

Login

Who's Online

290 user(s) are online (189 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 290

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits