zoullou
Re: Calendar for me?
  • 2005/8/27 17:46

• zoullou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/2 0

Hi,

With eXtCal, you can make date as you want by using php date function format.
But repeating event isn't support for the moment. I probably add this feature in next version.

Cheers

PS : This is a Beta version, don't use on production site

pvtpyro
  • 2005/8/27 19:47

• pvtpyro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

my original message was that I needed one for a production site.

I've been using piCal for a year and it always changes the time zone on me, plus the hacks for 12 hr i cant get to work.

and the function to repeat event is a necesity for this site.

pvtpyro
  • 2005/8/30 4:04

• pvtpyro

• Just popping in

I have now downloaded every calendar available on this website.

None of them have 12 hr formats.
piCal says it does. But when I select 12 hr it still shows in 24 hr.

Is there a XOOPS site for USA? Or another place like this where I can find more calendars to go through?

McDonald
  • 2005/8/30 4:27

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

eXtCal can use 12hrs format if you want.
Go to module preferences in admin. Here you'll find 3 date options: short, medium and long.
If you set the short date to: j/m/Y g:i.
Then the date+time looks like: 30-Aug-2005 05:33

See the PHP manual for more details about date and time settings:http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

pvtpyro
  • 2005/8/30 4:32

• pvtpyro

• Just popping in

I have done that as well. but the dropdown menu when people select time for their events is still 24 hr format

mactoeknee
Re: Calendar for me? ^bumped^
  • 2005/12/16 21:23

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

I have been very happy about the improvements in Xoops, but then these little things like the lack of a dependable calendar module always goofs things up for me.

I have pretty much abandoned piCal because GIJOE doesn't seem interested in it anymore, at least for North American users. The best 12 hour option you can get is for the am/pm to be BEFORE the time ("PM 3:30") which just confuses people. Add that to constantly screwing up time zones, and it just becomes unuseable.

ExtCal is the one I have been trying today for a church website. I don't need ANY timezone support, nor foreign language support, but I do need "all day" events without specific times, such as holidays, birthdays, etc. ExtCal cannot do it. I also need events which are just listed to start at a specific time and does not list an end time, because it is not known or not important ("10:00 am- Funeral"... ExtCal insists on listing an ending time, and its settings only go in 10 minute increments in 24 hour mode (an event starting at 6:15 pm has to be set as 18.10 or 18.20, and I can't tell you how many times I've set or thought "16.00" for 6:00 pm

If those two first options were present, extCal would be fine for me. I wish I knew how to program to help out, but I don't-- I'm an end-user geek. I would also like repeating events, but that frankly isn't as important.

But XOOPS looks pretty unprofessional without a good calendar module, included or otherwise. And get rid of those darn smiley faces as a base kernel option... serious websites have no need for them.

Grumpy today...

mactoeknee
  • 2005/12/16 21:27

• mactoeknee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

Quote:

marijun wrote:
i'm working on a module called Calendar VE (dev forge page) but its not complete yet. i un-prioritized the project for a while cuz my client no longer needed it, but its back now. a full release should be available within a couple weeks...

I think this fellow dropped off the planet. There is nothing to download on that dev.xoops site, and his last login to the page was in September.

That's really too bad, as my post above already laments, XOOPS needs a good calendar with more advanced features.

T

script_fu

Quote:

mactoeknee wrote:
Quote:

marijun wrote:
i'm working on a module called Calendar VE (dev forge page) but its not complete yet. i un-prioritized the project for a while cuz my client no longer needed it, but its back now. a full release should be available within a couple weeks...

I think this fellow dropped off the planet. There is nothing to download on that dev.xoops site, and his last login to the page was in September.

She did make this calendar you can see it in action here.

http://www.thehighdive.com/modules/calendar_ve/

Pretty nice indeed....

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits