gestroud
myReviews
  • 2005/8/29 19:31

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Using the myReviews module in a XOOPS 2.2.2 environment.

The module previously displayed the following 6 blocks:

Recent Reviews, Top Reviews, Head of the Class, Hall of Fame, Most Voted, and To Be Reviewed blocks.

Now it only displays these 3: Head of the Class, Hall of Fame & To be reviewed.

The module previously displayed thumbnails for each review. Doesn't do that anymore.

Received the following debug errors:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 1 in file modules/myReviews/blocks/waiting_reviews.php line 90
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 1 in file modules/myReviews/blocks/waiting_reviews.php line 94

When I re-install the module, I notice that the data base seems to be inserting blocks strangely:

Updating existing block
Block Recent Reviews inserted. Block ID: 151
Updating existing block
Block Top Reviews inserted. Block ID: 151
Updating existing block
Block To be Reviewed inserted. Block ID: 152
Updating existing block
Block Reviews Hall of Fame inserted. Block ID: 153
Updating existing block
Block Most Voted Reviews inserted. Block ID: 151
Updating existing block
Block Head of the Class inserted. Block ID: 151

The developers site seems to be unavailable. Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?

EDIT: I only receive the php debug errors when I add the To Be Reviewed block.

gestroud
Re: myReviews
  • 2005/8/29 19:38

• gestroud

• Home away from home

And the download file for this module is broken on this site. I've already made a broken file report.

mboyden
  • 2005/8/29 20:13

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Good luck getting in touch with anyone about this. I've tried a few ways without response. I've been using it, too, on a 2.0.x site. I haven't yet upgraded it to 2.2.x. Did you change versions of PHP? The offset is an array ability to start at 1 instead of the usual 0. Because of what you describe with the blocks, maybe because this is a port of a phpNuke module originally (and it doesn't use Smarty Templates) that's why it's acting strangely. I've been working on an update to it myself since I haven't heard anything for a long time after trying to contact the various authors. I'm a little ways off from releasing and I haven't been testing it against 2.2.x, but I guess I should now that I have one of those sites up now.

Good luck, and if you figure anything out, please let me know as I'd love to incorporate it in an update to this useful module originally written for books but usable for quite a bit (the first time I used it was for a local business directory).
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

gestroud
  • 2005/8/30 0:49

• gestroud

• Home away from home

LOL @ "good luck getting in touch with anyone"

Yeah, I had that feeling. I'll let you know what happens.

gestroud
  • 2005/9/6 23:39

• gestroud

• Home away from home

It looks as if this module is possibly clashing with the News 1.4 module under XOOPS 2.2 and above. I'm using the reviews module on 3 sites, all of them with XOOPS 2.2.2. Two of them use the news module as well. The one that doesn't use the news module has no problems. Weird.

Login

Who's Online

391 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 391

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits