wizanda
How to fix moon, by declare it is in the langauge folder?
  • 2005/8/27 17:36

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok, I know the title doesn't make much sense, what I need to know is how to make this point to the right place?

case 0:

$phase MP_FULL_MOON_NAME;
   break;

At the moment this is defined in the langauge folder, yet it thinks it is being re-defined

So what do I need to edit to make it that this: MP_FULL_MOON_NAME; instead is told to go to the language folder for the name of?

wizanda
Re: How to fix moon, by declare it is in the langauge folder?
  • 2005/8/28 14:54

• wizanda

• Home away from home

I need help, don't you realise with out the moon, the tides don't work. The earth could go off balance, all chaos could break loose!!

It's an easy question isn't it?

adrock
  • 2005/8/28 16:43

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

Ways to get people to repsond:

1. Include as much information as possible
2. XOOPS & PHP versions being used
3. Name & Location of Module being used
4. Files & Locations of Files being referenced in your statements

Happy Xoopsing!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

wizanda
  • 2005/8/28 16:56

• wizanda

• Home away from home

xoops 2.13.1 or any version
moon module
moon.php block and the rest of the module
any version of php
any version of mysql
Shows current moon

The error is instead of pointing to the definition php feels it is being defined a second time.
Also errors in other modules with the same problem of php thinking it is defined twice, when really it is a php syntax error and should be pointing to the definitions in the langauge folder.
I know, all it is missing is some definition as in a . or ( yet I don't know what?

The moon is a big round thing in the sky, when the sun goes down it comes up.
It reflects the light from the sun at night and so makes it we can see where we are going.
Moon errors, cause problems with the worlds tides and slight problems with my site.

Sorry, I am soon giving up on posting php or MySQL problems on XOOPS and learning my self it takes less time.
As no one ever anwsers any problems on php other then mith.

adrock
  • 2005/8/28 17:12

• adrock

• Quite a regular

my guess is that youd actually have to post a problem before you'll ever get any help.

Check the 'xoops_version.php' file of the module for the initial defines of a statement like;
Quote:
$phase = MP_FULL_MOON_NAME;

also check the include statements at the top of the files you are looking at, as they will tell you where that script is going to go find the definitions of the statements being used.

yet, if you would simply tell me which module you are using, and where I can get it (there is no moon module at xoops.org), as well as which version of php you are attempting to make it work on, and which version of XOOPS you are installing it on, I may be able to provide more help.

If you are attempting to write your own module, and are looking for help with PHP...then yes, you are in the wrong place. This is primarily for debugging and altering existing GPL code associated with the various versions of XOOPS and the modules that have been written for it...much beyond that, you'll need to find another forum that specifically deals with what your issue is.

As for the moon, is the man in the moon aware of your cheeky-ness when it comes to the obvious about his current place in the universe?

wizanda
  • 2005/8/28 17:23

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Sorry it is a current module, I will have to find it, or post it up on my site for you.

I have had in on my site for ages, I am just starting to learn php as I keep getting no anwsers, also so i can fix all little errors in my site.

Yeh the problem is XOOPS reconizes it as being defined, in the langauge folder.

Yet the way the little bit I posted is, XOOPS instead thinks that it is being defined.

Instead the MP_FULL_MOON_NAME needs to be told to go to the language folder, as it is surposed to point to the name there.

Do you know the man in the moon?

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/28 17:42

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I'm having trouble understanding your problem.

Is the problem that MP_FULL_MOON_NAME is defined in more than one place, or that it isn't defined anywhere?

Where exactly are you referencing it?

If it's a language string, and it's used in the main part of your module, it should have a name like _MD_XXXX_FULL_MOON_NAME, where XXXX is the module name or abbreviation, and the constant should be defined in modules/xxxx/language/english/main.php.

adrock
  • 2005/8/28 17:50

• adrock

• Quite a regular

lol!
Dave just sent you in the same direction as I was planning on sending you...

As for the man in the moon, I have been told many times that I am a lunatic, so although I have never met him face to face, apparently I have fallen from his family tree!

(As a cnacer, my world is perhaps most affected by the lunar tides!)

wizanda
  • 2005/8/28 17:54

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Ok, It is defined in the langauge folder, here is the xoop error report.
Notice [PHP]: Constant MP_FULL_MOON_NAME already defined in file
 C
:WMwwwwizandamodulesmoonlanguageenglishblocks.php line 18

The bit I have posted is from the moonblock.php, it should point that to the langauge folder yet something is missing???
What?

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/28 18:00

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

If it's in a block, it should have the form _MB_XXXX_FULL_MOON_NAME.

Without seeing the entire module (which I probably wouldn't have time to go through anyway), it's hard to tell why you're getting that message.

You aren't explicitly including the language file, are you? If so, that could be the problem, since the language file gets included automatically.

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits