LazyBadger
Current XMLRPC possibilities and ways to improve it

As I can understand, now XMLRPC can be used only for adding-editing (?) News on site. Are there any chances to see extended site management over XMLRPC?
I dream about something like "Command Center" (XMLRPC- or SOAP-based), where webmaster can
- define all his sites
- manage these sites using same interface and functions, as he have on work with local admin-backends on every site

I have only 6 sites now, but even with this small amount of sites everyday tasks on each site became big headache in six windows
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

LazyBadger
Re: Current XMLRPC possibilities and ways to improve it

sorry, bump!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

skalpa
Re: Current XMLRPC possibilities and ways to improve it
  • 2005/8/24 21:31

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Quote:
Are there any chances to see extended site management over XMLRPC ?

No need to use XML-RPC for this... but it's one of our targets.

However, I'm not sure it can be achieved right now... one of the main objectives of 2.4 will be "to prepare the core so this kind of things can be done".
So normally it should be in the next one (2.6) features list, and if we're lucky it should even become possible in 2.4 (although in a limited way).

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits