taherk
xoops 2.2 question
  • 2005/8/9 23:14

• taherk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/28

Hi,

I would like to know that is XOOPS 2.2 supposed to be installed on top of XOOPS 2.0.13 as I dont see modules in 2.2 installation package. I downloaded the full install package.

Also is 2.2.1 - Full installed expected to be installed on top of 2.2, i get a bunch of error messages after installation

Warning [PHP]: main(/home/discover/public_html/language//notification.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/system/xoops_version.php line 215
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening '/home/discover/public_html/language//notification.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file modules/system/xoops_version.php line 215
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD - assumed '_NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD' in file

I CANT Find the file (/home/discover/public_html/language//notification.php in my installation folder.

I have never been able to get 2.2 running, even tried deleting and recreating database.

I dont know if anyone will answer this post, but just thought it would be good FYI.

-Taher

Dave_L
Re: xoops 2.2 question
  • 2005/8/10 0:38

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
.../public_html/language//notification.php

The language component is missing from that path. It should look like .../public_html/language/english/notification.php (or another language in place of "english").

I don't know why that's happening, but it's a starting point.

taherk
  • 2005/8/10 4:11

• taherk

• Just popping in

Dave, I checked and the english folder and notification.php does exist, not sure, why it is throwing error, without english folder.

ramblingfool

that // bug is part of the bug I mentioned in my earlier post. the problem is in line 215 of /modules/sytem/xoops_version.php which reads
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/language/" $xoopsConfig['language'] . '/notification.php';
looking at that with more sleep in me it seems that it $xoopsConfig['language'] is not returning "english" properly. my stated workaround was to change the line to
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/language/english/notification.php";

taherk
  • 2005/8/10 17:50

• taherk

• Just popping in

Thanks , that resolved the error, but created new issue
Now I get a blank screen with XOOPS banner on top. No Login block , just banner and search box.

Wonder if this is another bug..... IMHO, 2.2 is still not stable , keeps me scracthing my head , how so many got it working at first shot.

Any input on the above issue.

taherk
  • 2005/8/21 4:46

• taherk

• Just popping in

I Installed XOOPS 2.2 from scratch, created new database and brand new installation, still after completing xoopsupdate.php, I get on the top portion of xoops. No login portion the main area is totally blank

Do I have to install any other modules, why am i not getting the login screen.

taherk
  • 2005/8/22 18:12

• taherk

• Just popping in

bump,

rowdie
  • 2005/8/22 18:24

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

The extended profiles module needs to be installed, though I don't think that's the problem.

Can you access the user.php page directly?

And why did you run xoopsupdate.php? It isn't necessary on a new install.

psindia
  • 2005/8/22 18:40

• psindia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/31

i updated all modules that existed to work properly
Please don't visit ==>tenthstone.com!
==>vinodsr.com!

taherk
  • 2005/8/24 16:56

• taherk

• Just popping in

Sorry about the confusion, the issue was with my FTP Client, I changed to Bulletproof FTP and reinstalled Xoops2.2 and everything works fine after installation.

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits