gestroud
XOOPS Headlines using XOOPS 2.2 & 2.2.1
  • 2005/8/10 3:35

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Has anyone experienced any problems with the xoopsheadlines module? It won't let me edit or add RSS feeds anymore. This problem occurred using XOOPS 2.2 and 2.2.1 on about 4 different sites and I had to switch to xhld.

gestroud
Re: XOOPS Headlines using XOOPS 2.2 & 2.2.1
  • 2005/8/18 17:42

• gestroud

• Home away from home

I receive this error message whenever I try to add or edit an RSS feed in XOOPS headlines module.

"Failed saving data to database for headline Breaking Video Headlines Array"

These are the debug errors:

Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_NAME already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 6
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_DESC already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 9
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_BNAME already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 12
Notice [PHP]: Constant _MI_HEADLINES_ADMENU1 already defined in file modules/xoopsheadline/language/english/modinfo.php line 15

This is happening on a brand new site, so I didn't have any pre-existing headlines except for the XOOPS headlines that are already there in the module.

The same problem is also occurring on every other site since I've upgraded to XOOPS version 2.2. The feeds themselves still function, I just can't add any. And I'm using feeds that I have used in the past with no problem.

Could anyone who is using the XOOPS headline module see if they could replicate this by trying to either add an RSS feed or editting an existing one on their site? I need to find out if it's something on my side or if it's a bug

Mithrandir

Yep, reproduced and bug located.

Need to do a little testing before knowing if it causes other problems, but see if this helps:

in XOOPS/class/database/mysqldatabase.php, quoteString() method:
[d]
function 
quoteString($str)
{
    if (
is_string($str)) {

$str "'".str_replace('\"''"'addslashes($str))."'";
    }
    return 
$str;
}
[/
d]

//replace with:
function quoteString($str)
{
    if (!
is_int($str)) {

$str "'".str_replace('\"''"'addslashes($str))."'";
    }
    return 
$str;
}
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

gestroud
  • 2005/8/18 18:15

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Boy that was a quick response! Thank you. I'll try it as soon as I can -- so much to do and so little time. Kinda wish it was the other way sometimes. Know what I mean?

breur
  • 2005/8/19 22:55

• breur

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/15

I have the same problem here. I tried the above solution and it works so far that you kan see the link now appear on the headlines page, but it does not get the information of the rss feed.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits