bwoods01
Re: Forbidden
  • 2005/8/19 17:41

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

MY SQL Debug gives this error.

"SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id = '1c3c03e7cdc7322ce0beb86aeecff60c'
SELECT * FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=26
SELECT * FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname = 'system'
SELECT * FROM xoops_configcategory
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid = '1' AND (gperm_groupid = '1' OR gperm_groupid = '2'))"

Thanks,
Buddy

skenow
  • 2005/8/19 20:04

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

The errors ('forbidden...' and '404...') are not coming from any of the XOOPS modules I know of (system, protector, cbb would be the top candidates), so I'd look more at what has changed on your server.

Are you redirecting any urls?

One other thing to check in your general settings is gzip turned on? I recommend NOT having it on, but that's just me.

bwoods01
  • 2005/8/19 20:28

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

The gzip was on, so I turned it off but it still doesn't work. I reloaded the 2.0.13.1 patch except for the modules directory, it still didn't work. I tried the full 2.0.13.1 except for the install and modules folders and the mainfile.php file, that still didn't work after updating the system admin. I went back to 2.0.13 and that still didn't work. I guess I need to backup the database delete all and reload everything?

Thanks,
Buddy

skenow
  • 2005/8/19 21:10

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I really don't think the problem is coming from XOOPS - you're getting server messages, not XOOPS messages.

Before you go radical and wipe everything, try deleting everything in the template_c directory to regenerate the cached files.

stefan88
  • 2005/8/19 21:26

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Could it be a broken sessions table?

Anyway I would wait for advice from Mithrandir or someone of developers ...

bwoods01
  • 2005/8/19 23:09

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

Quote:

skenow wrote:
I really don't think the problem is coming from XOOPS - you're getting server messages, not XOOPS messages.

Before you go radical and wipe everything, try deleting everything in the template_c directory to regenerate the cached files.

It looks like you are correct! I am the webmaster of another site. Both sites are hosted through:http://ehostpros.com/ . My site is:http://doctrinesofgrace.net , the other site ishttp://rite-ukraine.org . I checked on the other site and I have the same problem. It does have something to do with the host. I sent them an email telling them about the problem. Is there some other way for me to be able to get into "groups"?

Thanks,
Buddy

bwoods01
  • 2005/8/20 1:09

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

I sent this to the web host.

Quote:
I have two different accounts with you. I am using XOOPS (www.xoops.org) on both sites. When I try to go into group permissions I get this error on both sites:

"You don't have permission to access /modules/system/admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Has something changed on the servers? I have never had this problem before.

Here is their reply.

Quote:
Hi,

Please check it now.

Thank You,

~Regards Steve

It works fine now! I don't know what they did to fix it. The problem was the host.

Thanks,
Buddy

Jokes
  • 2005/8/24 1:22

• Jokes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/29

I just ran into the same problem about an hour ago... was working on setting up some things in smartfaq, went to eat dinner, and came back and I was forbidden to access admin lol. I came here to read on what might be the problem, and since you said the host fixed it, I looked at my files on my host end through cPanel, not FTP and just with a hunch, removed the .htaccess file temporarily... and Walla! no more problems... but I also decided to remove module Protector, because I have had more problems since I installed it than not, and it requires an .htaccess file in root to "greenlight" some of its requirements. As messed up as my site has been getting lately, I am better off taking the risk of being exploited and just backing it up again, than loosing everything because I can't even get in to work on things.
my 2cents

colepricecom

Hello!

I recently made the switch from Dragonfly CMS to Xoops. So far I'm quite happy with my decision. Although my website is still in a state of disrepair, I'm making progress.

Last night I was working on the site - uploading images and such, making some blocks & modules. I took a break to run an errand with my girlfriend. When we got back I proudly showed off my progress to her. This is when I realized I'd failed to properly adjust the group permissions to allow anonymous users to access certain blocks & modules I'd created.

No big deal, I thought. I logged in -> Administration Menu -> System Admin -> Groups ...

Quote:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /modules/system/admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Now this seems to be a fairly ubiquitous problem. I've tried several of the other solutions mentioned on this thread: the .htaccess file.. the templates_c directory.

So far none of it has worked. If anyone has any other ideas that might help, I'd be much obliged.

Thank you.

slant
  • 2006/11/15 13:54

• slant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/15

I cannot access my site at all. I'm just getting Page 403. cant even access admin. have tried deleting .htaccess.

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits