msnekkie
Update to News 1.4 module results in blank homepage
  • 2005/8/18 17:32

• msnekkie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi everybody, since about 15 months I use XOOPS as CMS and till now no problems at all.

This morning I updated the News module version 1.311 to 1.4 by FTP, updated the module in the system area and from that moment I can't start the homepage of my website anymore. This page is completely blank and that's it...

When I type the URL of one of the modulepages, f.i. http://www.mywebsite.com/modules/news this page shows up, but the standard template is ruined.

Only when I'm logged in as administrator everything lookes fine, except that startpage again (completely blank).

In the meantime I contacted my hosting provider. They only can put back an backup (only from the data, not the sql database) from a week ago...

I'm not sure about the consequences of an action like that. Hope there's somebody to help me with this problem, thanx for the thinking aanyway!

Erik

Mithrandir
Re: Update to News 1.4 module results in blank homepage

Why do you post a comment if you are going to start a forum thread with the same content?

Can you turn on PHP debug? Get any errors there?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

msnekkie
  • 2005/8/18 17:46

• msnekkie

• Just popping in

Mithrandir, thanx for the fast answer. When I activate PHP-debug lots of extra lines with lots of extra information appear.

Please take a look at http://www.damesbasket.nl and you will see what I mean...

Thanx for your cooperation!

Erik

Mithrandir

hmmm... All those notices (and my god there are many) are caused by PHP 4.4 or PHP 5.1 (my guess is 4.4) and although annoying should not break things (except in unpredictable manners and not as reproducable as this).

I wonder why there is no fatal error...
Can you put a module as "module for start page" and at least hide the problem?

We will work on eliminating these notices, but it may take a little while.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

LazyBadger

Detected
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.4.0-0.dotdeb.0
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

msnekkie
  • 2005/8/18 21:36

• msnekkie

• Just popping in

In the meantime (a few hours later) I'm a little bit further and the problem seems to be bigger than I thought!

With the update of the News 1.311 module to the 1.4 version, some files from the news directory have overwritten files from the newbb directory!

In the admin there are two modules News 1.4 installed now instead of 1 module News 1.4 and one module NewBB 2.0!!!

In the non-installed module list is also NewBB 2.0, I can't install this module because the table in the database 'xoops_bb_archive' already exists...

What should be a simple update turned out in a real mess, my whole website is destroyed now, really unbelievable after 15 months of hard working!

Erik

p.s. starting the site with a module installed won't work by the way, I really don't know what happened when I updated that news module, but the default template is messed up as well...

Login

Who's Online

383 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 383

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits