kiwiguy
Wfdownloads & Wflinks not compatable
  • 2005/8/16 8:38

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

It seems to me that I wasted a lot of time upgrading to 2.2.2 of XOOPS as Wf Downloads, Wflinks and the module liase are not compatable to the latest version of XOOPS.

The problem is that its not listing the links or downloads I can access the links and downloads via the admin side but on the user side it all states 0 content.

Liase module does not even appear on the user end or the admin side it only appears in the section where you install the modules.

This is quite frustrating is there any fixes for this or basically have I wrecked my site in the upgrade as I asked before if i can downgrade but I can't without losing all information i have on my site.

This shoudl be noted in the section advertising XOOPS 2.2.2 that not all modules will work pre inform people as I am sure I would not of downloaded and installed XOOPS 2.2.2 if I knew I would of stayed at the latest stable version of 2.0.13 so that my modules would work as they should

kiwiguy
Re: Wfdownloads & Wflinks not compatable
  • 2005/8/16 8:48

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

I take back that comment about being not pre warned about certain module compatability i must not of read it properly my apologies but is there anything i can do to fix this it seems only a minor prob

Mithrandir

Liaise 1.25 should work with XOOPS 2.2.x - at least I haven't had problems with it.

WF-Links and WF-Downloads have some small problems due to a hidden variable with the same name as the category selection box. Once this hidden variable is removed from the various forms throughout the modules, they work fine.

Both are included (with the mentioned modifications) in some of the module packages that I plan to release later this week.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

carnuke
  • 2005/8/16 8:57

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Kiwiguy, I am very sorry to hear about the demise of your site. However, I still find it hard to understand how anyone would carry out a major upgrade on a production site, without first trialing the effects on a testsite duplicate.

It has been stated many times how important a duplicate testsite/backup is. It's easy to produce and ensures peace of mind during these times of upgrades hacks and trial changes.

We talk of 'stable releases' but in all honesty, the whole open source develoment scene is in a constant state of refining software and bug-fixing. Is anything 100% stable and guarenteed? Even today we see a new security issue emerging that affects previous 'so-called stable' releases. This is the nature of the beast. The software is all reletively new and there are bound to be problems that have not been seen or flagged.

To say the thing again.

If you have a valuable production site, make a backup that runs on your server, keep it closed to the public and use this to trial and test ALL upgrades, new modules, themes and hacks. Be sure the changes are not detrimental or can be fixed and THEN duplicate the process on your production site.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

davidl2
  • 2005/8/16 9:12

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Both are included (with the mentioned modifications) in some of the module packages that I plan to release later this week.

Great news Mith... I look forward to these :)

kiwiguy
  • 2005/8/16 9:18

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

Carnuke the thing is I do have a backup version of my site but its nearly a year old I could use that but that was back when XOOPS version was 2.0.7 I could sit there and redo a lot of things but yeah.

I will wait in eagerness for mithrandirs most awaited release this week sometime.

regards
kiwiguy

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits