mkabwilliams
Will Xoops work for me?

I’m wondering if this CMS will be able to do everything I need. Could someone help me out and let me know if it will be able to do all of these?

1. Images Library. I have tones of pictures I would like to upload all at once instead of one by one. Plus I want my members to be able to upload them also. And make comments.

2. On the main page I will be doing a daily posting. And have members that I choice doing them also. I would like have some of them be able just to submit the posting and it goes to the main page and some I have to approve. I also want this posting to have some auto content fill in with the latest submitted material to the site. Also I would like to be able to have it auto email out to everyone that subscribes.

3. be able to handle media like videos and sounds. I have a large collection of videos and would like them to also be able to submit videos and make comments.

4. I would also like to provide a way for my subscribers to pay a small one time fee and turn off any ads on the site I might have.

Thanks a ton this is a really great site.

flabat
Re: Will Xoops work for me?
  • 2005/8/15 22:31

• flabat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/14

# 1 2 and 3 I know you can do it,

install XOOPS + a gallery module.

#4 you can hide ads blocks from certain groups of users, but I dont know if there is another way to do it

brash
Re: Will Xoops work for me?
  • 2005/8/15 22:49

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I think Coppermine 1.4 (beta) has an XOOPS bridge built in, and coppermine is one of the best photo gallery modules I know of. As for the subscriptions request you can use the donations module (see dev.xoops.org for download) for basic subscription management. MC Subscriptions is a new one as well, but I haven't heard any reports of having gotten it working properly yet. Other than that you can get a professional program like aMember which has an XOOPS plugin, but will cost you about $140USD from memory.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits