rsmike
Help! Login trouble on 2.2.1
  • 2005/8/12 14:04

• rsmike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/22

Hello everybody.

I use XOOPS 2.2.1, update from 2.0.13 through 2.2 went well. Site worked for about half a day, and then happily stopped to log users in.

I worked with extended profiles administration in the admin area, and when updating the next field, suddenly got an "You have no permission.." error. I tried to log in using login block, XOOPS said "Thank you for logging in, rsmike" and... moved me to index page _with_ login block. So, i (and not a single user) can't login to site anymore.

Moreover, when i try to post a comment as an anonymous user (it is allowed) - i get a "No valid security token found in session" error.

I disabled all little core hacks (autologin, redirect_header, both from GIJOE) made couple hours before and worked without any trouble during this time. This didn't help.

I tried to change "session_expire" in xoops_config table (using phpMyAdmin, of course) from 100000 to 10000, it gave me nothing.

I tried to log in from different computers and browsers -zero effect.

"use_mysession" is set to 0.

Some cookie is set ("PHPSESSID=..."), as i can see in php_info().

What has happened? My fault somewhere, XOOPS bug, provider changed php settings, or what?

Tell me if any additional info is needed. I can give a login/pwd to anyone who would help.

Please, help - the site is down...

jdseymour
Re: Help! Login trouble on 2.2.1

May AR may not be related. Do you have gzip enabled in System Admin - Preferences - General Settings. If so disable it.

rsmike
  • 2005/8/12 18:13

• rsmike

• Just popping in

jdseymour,
i don't know what AR is, but "gzip_compression" in xoops_config is set to 0. Just in case i tried to set it in 1, but it took no effect.

One more question... how to set debug mode through phpMyAdmin? debug_mode parameter is now set to a:1:{i:0;s:1:"";}, how can i turn it on?

Any suggestions? Or should i try to reupload all the 2.2.1 files once more...

Mithrandir

Any luck with logging in through /recovery.php?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

rsmike
  • 2005/8/13 5:28

• rsmike

• Just popping in

Mithrandir,
still no luck.

I login with recovery.php, try to set PHP debug on, and get a first page with login fields again.

rsmike
  • 2005/8/13 6:29

• rsmike

• Just popping in

Hmm... uploaded 2.2.1 over my files, nothing changed.

I start to panic.

rsmike
  • 2005/8/15 5:55

• rsmike

• Just popping in

Problem seems to be solved: table 'x_session' was broken.

SimonTheMime

If you're still here, can I ask how you fixed your x_session? I am having the same login problem, checked x_session, it's broken, don't know how to fix it..

edit: fixed.
RF Online

Shine
  • 2005/8/17 9:34

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:

SimonTheMime wrote:
If you're still here, can I ask how you fixed your x_session? I am having the same login problem, checked x_session, it's broken, don't know how to fix it..

edit: fixed.

Great to see,...but how did you fix it? Explaning it could be of much help for others! Thank you!

Greatz., SHine

gediminasbyt

Nice

Decide to test for a site to go live turn off php debug and white pages...

To clarify it's a 2.2.2 site.

Can't access recovery.php just white page. Try from local host later. Hope it will solve my problems. Still to know what was the fix would be nice.

As far as I know I never enabled gzip.

Gediminas

EDIT

Nope, no error for Apache, not a single page is accsessible and only after I got php debug disabled!!!

Throw me a bone! Please!

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits