Peekay
Koivi HTML misery. No JavaScript. No Flash.
  • 2005/8/9 14:02

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I think Koivi is great - but it's approach to 'cleaning up' any HTML input to make it XHTML complient is driving me mad.

Yesterday, I took a chance and cut-n-pasted a 'conventional' Flash script into the Koivi HTML box in a SmartSection article using Firefox. I was relieved to see that Koivi retained the format of the combined OBJECT and EMBED code and the movie worked perfectly. Today, I opened the same article to edit something in IE 6... and Koivi has neatly stripped out the 'EMBED' tags and the code between them!. Code placed after those tags remains intact. Why it didn't do this in Firefox I don't know.

I *know* that to satisfy the W3C beaurocrats I should use just the OBJECT tag for Flash movies, but the object tag left by Koivi simply doesn't work in anything except IE. If you try adding a hack (like one of the Flash Satay solutions) Koivi just trashes it. The OBJECT only solution I use *IS* valid XHTML, it's just not to Koivi's liking.

The dev (Samuels) did say that a solution will be considered for the next version. Any updates on whether we might get a 'raw' HTML option soon would be a great relief, because this is spoiling an otherwise excellent module.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

samuels
Re: Koivi HTML misery. No JavaScript. No Flash.
  • 2005/8/10 21:12

• samuels

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/30

Mmmm, sorry and sorry again As I said, I'll provide a solution for this problem.
I'm moving my residence from Spain to France, lots of problems...
And I now the editor is useful for some users and a piece of crap for others, but the project isn't abandoned.
I don't want to give dates, but surely it will be solved on September.
Thx for your patience!

Peekay
  • 2005/8/10 21:43

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

@samuels

Many thx for replying. I am a really big fan of Koivi and I think the XHTML clean-up feature is actually great for my users - I would just like to be able to turn it off for JavaScripts and Flash code etc.

I am confident the French ambience will inspire a solution! Good luck with your relocation.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

lionhell
  • 2008/12/16 8:49

• lionhell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/13

I recently discovered that koivi was cleaning AREA tags used with MAP tags for images.

Where can we modifiy the koivi code to adapt (fix) that cleaning tag problem ?

lionhell
  • 2008/12/16 11:32

• lionhell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/13

I sum up my knowledge on koivi:

- v1.0.52.1 handles well linebreaks , but not clickable images (usemap, map area).
- v1.0.53b2 is ok with clickable images, but not with linebreaks

I've read that to properly handle with linebreaks I should have to disable XOOPS convert linebreaks. Where can I do that ? Isn't there a problem for text not entered with koivi ?

ghia
  • 2008/12/18 13:14

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Resolved on XOOPS France.

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits