addicti1
Re: Something new about my PM link in 2.2
  • 2005/8/7 23:10

• addicti1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 4

When I set the permissions the link came back for my registered users. Thank you.

When this link is clicked I still get the page cannot be found screen. But if I go to the private messaging from the main menu and click the send button, it will bring me to the screen I need to send a message. So its there and working but my path may have something wrong in it.

Thank you for all of your help so far.

jdseymour

Well I am glad it helped. Right now I have two test sites up and running, on one I have the PM link showing but cannot send PMs. On the other, I cannot for the life of me get the PM links to show, but I can send a PM with the send button.

toddherrold
Re: PM link in 2.2 not working

I have also been having this problem. It appears to be very widespread in XOOPS 2.2. I think I read somewhere that this wasnt' a focus of 2.2, so expect the fix in 2.4. I guess "technically" PM is not "core" now that it is a module.

Anyway, I ran the SQL and it fixed the missing PM link in the user profiles, but I also have the page not found error message when the PM link is clicked from the user profile. (People can send PMs from other areas of the site where the PM link shows up strangely). I have the pmlite.php file also.

Here's the URL that can't be found. There has to be something telling in there:

Quote:
http://www.hotdogblog.com/modules/profile/java%20script:openWithSelfMain('http://www.hotdogblog.com/modules/pm/pmlite.php?send2=1&to_userid=3',%20'pmlite',%20550,%20450);

Any ideas?

tim1980
  • 2005/8/8 13:35

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

Why Can't I even get the PM Link on a clean install of XOOPS on my server? could it be a issue with my server? maybe the version of mySQL?

toddherrold

You can't get a PM link on a clean install because it doesn't work in 2.2.0. I haven't seen anyone post that they had it showing up without doing some tweaking. Perhaps this is one of the things fixed in 2.2.1 released today.

addicti1
  • 2005/8/9 3:09

• addicti1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 4

I just uploaded the new 2.2.1 version and when I click on the pm link it still is not finding the linked page.

toddherrold

Yep. Still broken in 2.2.1 for me too.

JMorris
  • 2005/8/9 22:37

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Well, I haven't been able to get this module to work yet either. Worse yet, when I uninstalled the module, it removed tables that, I thought, were associated with Extended profiles. I find this to be really strange since none of these tables had anything to do with private messaging, in particular, the user's website. Furthermore, if private messaging is a seperate module, why do you have to go into extended profiles to edit the permissions.

I'm sorry, I'm normally one of the first people to step up and be supportive of everything the core team does, but the private messaging module, and the extended profile module are tremendous steps backwards for XOOPS IMHO. The old (2.0.13) PM and Profile feature were limited, true, but they were stable and intuitive. These new versions are none of the above.

Yes, I know, don't complain unless you're prepared to fix it. To that I say, if I could, I would.

I'm still a huge fan of XOOPS and I still love it, and will continue to use it. I just hope they get the bugs worked out of these two very important modules.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

JMorris
  • 2005/8/9 22:45

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Correction....

Quote:
Worse yet, when I uninstalled the module, it removed tables that, I thought, were associated with Extended profiles.

Should be....

Quote:
Worse yet, when I uninstalled the module, it removed tables that were associated with Extended profiles.

Sorry, I would have edited my post, but the edit button disappeared on me.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

JMorris
  • 2005/8/9 23:11

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Well, after uninstalling the private messaging module, updating the extended profiles module, and reinstalling the private messaging module, I have a working private messaging system (I think) and all the fields that were removed from extended profiles when I uninstalled private messaging were restored, but only the fields. All my member's extended profile information is gone. But hey, they can PM me now to complain about it.

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits