ahkileez
Montisarts x-IPB problem *please help!*
  • 2005/8/5 18:15

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/12

Seems like I'm on here every day now.

Long-story-short: I screwed up my first version of the site (2.0.13) trying to install x-phpbb. reinstalled with XOOPS 2.2 and the montisarts xbox_wide theme didn't work. Tried posting here and sending montis a message on his site but no luck.

So I decided to go back to 2.0.13 (also because I read there'd be problems with a lot of modules not working right with 2.2 and so forth).

Back I go. On advice I got on this board I installed Invision Power Board via the x-ipb plugin instead. Seems to work. But the montisart theme doesn't show anything at all. I really don't want to put any more work in to putting together this site if the them I chose and modified (only grahphically) can't even work with it.

Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciate it. I love XOOPS and I'd love to get this working.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the site seems to work fine in the default templates, but when I put it on my modified version of xbox_wide (omni_wide) I get a header and a footer and no content.

The site address ishttp://omni.new-eden.org/command

ahkileez
Re: Montisarts x-IPB problem *please help!*
  • 2005/8/6 1:01

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

15 views and not a single reply of any sort?

Please guys, I could use a hand here. I'm betting the problem isn't that big since the stuff I installed work fine with the default themes.

Any help here?

ahkileez
  • 2005/8/6 22:18

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

Sixty views and nothing. *sigh*

Anyway, I tried what little I could think of and no dice. Then I remembered the debug stuff. I ran it in php debug mode. This is what I got.

Quote:
*LEFT*
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "xbox_wide/theme_blockleft.html" in /home/pttfulij/public_html/omni/command/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1084
*CENTER*
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "xbox_wide/theme_blockcenter_c.html" in /home/pttfulij/public_html/omni/command/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1084
*RIGHT*
Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "xbox_wide/theme_blockright.html" in /home/pttfulij/public_html/omni/command/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1084

I got these errors over and over in each column, I assume for each module block I had set wherever.

Does this help you guys help me?

jdseymour

Check the folder permissions for your theme folder. It should be chmod 755.

ahkileez
  • 2005/8/6 23:16

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

No dice. It's set to 755 already.

Would the x-IPB have changed that file?

jdseymour

I am not familiar with the IPB module enough to answer that sorry. I know that IPB is not available for 2.2 yet, I am not even sure that it was available for 2.0.13 yet. Sorry I could not help more.

ahkileez
  • 2005/8/6 23:36

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

Thanks for what you could provide.

I have this nasty suspicion the solution to this is easy. I just don't know what it is.

What do you think the chances are of the dudes from Montis or BBPixel showing up?

ahkileez
  • 2005/8/13 4:58

• ahkileez

• Just popping in

Sigh...

*bump*

Anyone have any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

88 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 88

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits