Kethy
How do I get my old database info after 2.2 install?
  • 2005/8/3 4:09

• Kethy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/26

I upgraded my site to 2.2. Now all my old database info is gone since I needed to use the prefix "xoops_22" rather than the old "xoops" prefix to successfully install.

How do I get 2.2 to read my old database info? I can't ask all my members to reregister and all that data is lost out there somewhere!!

Be gentle, I'm a beginner.

Kethy
Re: How do I get my old database info after 2.2 install?
  • 2005/8/3 10:56

• Kethy

• Just popping in

*bump* for help!!!

jdseymour

Are you saying XOOPS 2.2 created a new empty database? If so I assume that you used the install script instead of the update script. Is this correct?

Kethy
  • 2005/8/3 22:28

• Kethy

• Just popping in

There was an update script?

Yes I did an install. Is there a way to get access to my old database?

jdseymour

If the new tables are default with no extra information, I would drop all tables with the new prefix, then run the upgrade script the proper way to migrate your production database to XOOPS 2.2.

The name of the script is "xoopsupdate.php"

HTH.

Kethy
  • 2005/8/5 15:19

• Kethy

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
If the new tables are default with no extra information, I would drop all tables with the new prefix, then run the upgrade script the proper way to migrate your production database to XOOPS 2.2.

But how do I drop the tables?

jdseymour

Quote:

Kethy wrote:
Quote:

jdseymour wrote:

But how do I drop the tables?

Usually with a tool supplied by your hosting provider - phpmyadmin.

When you browse the database in phpmyadmin you should see two sets of tables.

One set with a XOOPS_ prefix and another with a xoops22_ prefix

The XOOPS_ tables are your original database and the xoops22_ was created on your latest install.

What you would want to do may seem tricky, but it is really pretty easy.

First backup your entire database just in case of problems or mistakes. Next put a checkmark beside all tables with a xoops22_ prefix. Scroll to the bottom of the database page and select drop from the dropdowm menu at the bottom marked "With Selected". You will then be taken to a confirmation page, choose the "Yes" button to complete the table drop.

Next you will need to download mainfile.php to your computer, open it up in a text editor of your choice (no word processor though, notepad will work fine) find the database prefix entry and change it from 'xoops22' to 'xoops' and reupload mainfile.php.

Then finally open xoopsupdate.php in your browser and follow the prompts. Very important, only run this script once.

HTH.

SLEO577
  • 2005/8/5 17:36

• SLEO577

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/27

GREAT SAVE "jdseymour"! I actually ran into that same problem some time ago and was rather scared I would corrupt, destroy or worst yet delete my tables.

You went through the process very nicely....you should be congratulated for that help!

Nice Job!

Printing this page for future reference! Nice spot for the FAQ page too.

Kethy
  • 2005/8/5 18:39

• Kethy

• Just popping in

jdseymour,
I already tried in vain to update the website (using the script), once I realized I had done it incorrectly. So yea, I think I updated it once already. I hope that won't interfere with what you have suggested. I will give it a try and let you know.

But in any case, thank you so much for your assistance!!

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits