StarShaper
MyTutorials Extended & GeSHi Code Highlighter (optionally)

Hi,

i have made a Hack for MyTutorials 2.1b and a Plugin for GeSHi. The new Version of MyTutorials contains several Bugfixes, code impovements and a smart BBCODE Support with table tags, hide tags, align tags, div tags... You don't have to enter your text into a line like in Xoops. Just switch between two modes.

Take a look at the pictures:
menu
output

It has been testet with XOOPS 2.2 and PHP 5.

You can install only Geshi or MyTuturials - Extended or both.

And additionallay this Hack isn't just a simple hack. It comes with a fully automated Installer. Written in C++ it will detect your Xoops, install all components and patch automatically files (i.e. module.textsanitizer.php, style.css) which are necessary to highlight your code.

Pics:
Installer 1
Installer 2

Download-Link: Download WinRAR File

NOTE: The Download isn't forced! When you see cryptic signs you have to choose "Save as" MyTutorials - Extended.rar in your Browser menu or download it with a Download Manager like Flashget.

Enjoy!

BTW: Currently the installer is only available for Windows.

JulioNC
Re: MyTutorials Extended & GeSHi Code Highlighter (optionally)
  • 2005/8/4 4:18

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

StarShaper, your hack is amazing...congrats...

Quote:
BTW: Currently the installer is only available for Windows.

Quote:
Download-Link: Download WinRAR File

broken Link

LazyBadger

Quote:

StarShaper wrote:

i have made a Hack for MyTutorials 2.1b and a Plugin for GeSHi. The new Version of MyTutorials contains several Bugfixes

But still can't add tuttorial (installed Geshi and module) - no editor window...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Anonymous
  • 2005/8/4 15:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

@ JulioNC: The link isn't broken. It works fine for me. Tested with Firefox and Internet Explorer. If you open the link a page with cryptic signs will open. Unfortunately there is no Download Force.

To force the download you have to go in the Browser menu and press Save as MyTutorials - Extended.rar. It's a WinRAR Archive! That's all

The program uses the C++ Boost library. If anybody has linux and can compile the C++ Code I would send him the Source.

@ LazyBadger: This is most likely due to register globals. You have still to switch register globals = On in your php settings. Either you go to the php.ini and do that or you place if your webhoster supports HTACCESS a .htaccess file with the content php_flag register_globals on in the tutorials folder! Don't forget to chmod mytutotials with 777.

I will rewrite the code of mytutorials so that the script will work without register globals = On.

regards
starshaper

StarShaper
  • 2005/8/4 15:29

• StarShaper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/25

Fixed an annoying Bug. XOOPS removes trailing slashes due to database issues. This is very bad if you are using escape sequencies in your C++ or Java Code. Even if you add trailingslashes twice the code output is correct, but when you try to edit your text the trailing slashes are disappeared and will all be removed completely later. Now with this package you don't have this problems anymore

regards
starshaper

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits