pod
Subscriptions ?
  • 2005/7/19 1:59

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Is anyone using MC Subscriptions successfully on a functioning site?
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

pod
Re: Subscriptions ?
  • 2005/7/19 21:03

• pod

• Quite a regular

*bump*

Anyone?

pod
  • 2005/7/21 1:55

• pod

• Quite a regular

5th post on this, please, someone...

If nobody can answer the question, can someone help me to answer it?

Anybody want a 6 month subscription to MyXoops Club for $1 ?
It's a $50 value, you get to check out some cool Flash integrated themes, and help me (and anyone else who may be wondering) figure out whether MC Subscriptions works or not. All I need is 5 minutes of your time & $1.
If the dollar is a problem I will send it to you before you join.

I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks...

MorelyDotes

I'll try to help you out, pod, if you don't have any takers yet. PM me.

pod
  • 2005/7/22 2:34

• pod

• Quite a regular

Thank you, Morely, I seriously appreciate the offer. If you would like a free subscription to MyXoops Club, its yours.

I am livid at this point... today someone finally did join MyXoops Club (the first since I installed MC Subscriptions) and he wrote me this morning to complain that although his payment was processed, his membership was not upgraded to Club status. Upon checking PayPal, I discovered that not only wasnt he upgraded via XOOPS group status, he was also charged twice for the service.
Then I went to Admin > Subscriptions > Manage Subscriptions & realized that not only didnt it upgrade him and charge him twice, but it didnt even add him to the list of subscribed users! There were several people on that list, all of them with "Basic Membership" - it makes no frickin sense at all.

This is obviously completely unacceptable.

MC Subscriptions has been an odd project to begin with, with someone asking for donations prior to even starting progress on the module, then supposedly hiring a third party developer to realize the goals set forth by the XOOPS community. After delay after delay, with the entire community on their heels in anticipation, we are finally presented with this? A half functioning module that doesn't achieve any of the things requested by the propositioned community, and no support or explanation?

It would be one thing if this were another content module or something, but this is a module that is/was desperately needed by the XOOPS community, has already been bought and paid for by the XOOPS community in the form of supporting contributions by god knows how many eager XOOPsers, and most importantly - this is a module that a site would really depend on to function. How professional does it look when you base your entire model on a subscription-based service, and your site cannot even complete the subscription process?
Highly unprofessional, and I am kicking myself a thousand times over for venturing to trust this supposedly stable release to function without testing it thoroughly first. Obviously that is what I should have done, but the timing of the release seemed to be perfect - it came out the same day I was leaving for a vacation & seemed the ideal solution to automate the task of group management while I was away, & I barely had time to install the module & erase all my previous (working) custom subscription templates before I was out the door.

*sigh*

Anyway, to respond to my own question for the sake of others using this module, the answer is: No, it doesn't work.

Anyone seen cuckston lately? lol

brash
  • 2005/7/22 3:40

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

That's disappointing to hear pod. Perhaps for all the time and effort you might be better off just to pay the $140 or so for aMember?
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

xafadb
  • 2005/7/22 5:02

• xafadb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 4

hey Pod, i tried to sign up on your site last night and kept gettng kicked out by paypal. i dont know on whose side the error was on, but it would not accept my cc.

sorry tied to help, i was really looking forward to using this module for my coaching/career counseling site iam putting together.

Brash what is amember?
Low cost hosting, web services,and domain names www.myjaun.com free xoops, and other CMS install available

Free web cash!
http://www.greenzap.com/join-greenzap.asp?zapid=gomextango

MorelyDotes

Quote:

pod wrote:
Thank you, Morely, I seriously appreciate the offer. If you would like a free subscription to MyXoops Club, its yours.

PM sent - let's see if we can get this thing working!

MorelyDotes

pod - no reply to my PM either here or at your site. Are you on holiday?

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits