digitz
Changing Module language
  • 2005/7/31 19:06

• digitz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/28

Hi there you guys,

I have a dumb question

I've installed some of the modules in the modules repository, but it seems that they get installed with their default language.

How can I change the default language of a module and have it loaded with another language (let's say that the module's alternative language of choice exists in the language folder).

Thanks everyone

rowdie
Re: Changing Module language
  • 2005/7/31 19:18

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

In the admin ->preferences ->system ->general settings

You can change the default site language there to any language that's located in [your site]/language/ folder.

Each module also has a language folder, and XOOPS will look for your default language there first. If it can't find it, it will use english. So if every module folder has your chosen language, they will all be used. Am I making sense? - I'm pretty tired

Gambero[removed]

Why creating a same topic twice in one day ? You posted another in Module troubleshooting.

You can select your default language in Admin / System / General settings

Off course there has to be a folder with your language in "language" folder ...

something like this:

http://www.yourpage.com/language/french/...

How to translate ? Make a copy of "english" folder and rename it to your language ... then translate all the files inside with HTML editor.

digitz
  • 2005/7/31 19:29

• digitz

• Just popping in

Sorry about that, I know I posted twice. I thought since it's a pretty obvious question, the guys at module troubleshooting probablt won't answer it, so I posted here!! And I was right!!

Sorry again!

rowdie
  • 2005/7/31 19:45

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Quote:

digitz wrote:
Sorry about that, I know I posted twice. I thought since it's a pretty obvious question, the guys at module troubleshooting probablt won't answer it, so I posted here!! And I was right!!

Sorry again!

Well, not quite right It depends more on whether your question is on the front page when someone who knows the answer can respond. The forum you post to doesn't really make much difference to a lot of people here, I think I would have replied to your original post, had I seen it...

digitz
  • 2005/7/31 20:12

• digitz

• Just popping in

Thanks anyway!

I''ve installed the Google2 module, but despite choosing English as my default language, I still get the buttons and masks as French.

Gambero[removed]

Buttons are probably images ... find them in images directory of the module and edit them with image editor (Photoshop, MS Paint, ...)

digitz
  • 2005/7/31 20:38

• digitz

• Just popping in

No, the search button is a simple submit button! And the other thing is that it searches in Google France!

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits