madcapjv
Xoops 2.2 Installed, migrated users from 2.0.13 manually, please help
  • 2005/7/30 15:52

• madcapjv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/28

After having this info posted in another thread and the thread direction heading the wrong way, I've decided to repost. I wanted a clean install of XOOPS 2.2, after having run a XOOPS site for the better part of a year and a half now. I figured I would manually migrate my users into the new database, and have halfway successfully done it. By halfway, I mean that all users can log in and access areas on the site that they have rights too. Unfortunetaly, message board posts, find user listings, comments, none of these modules are picking up usernames form the database. I exported my 2.0.13 user fields, imported them to 2.2 tables, ran xoopsupdate.php and updated system module...with these results.

Adding user profile fields...

NOTICEumode exists skipped
  NOTICE
uorder exists skipped
  NOTICE
notify_method exists skipped
  NOTICE
notify_mode exists skipped
  NOTICE
user_regdate exists skipped
  NOTICE
posts exists skipped
  NOTICE
attachsig exists skipped
  NOTICE
timezone_offset exists skipped
  NOTICE
user_mailok exists skipped
  NOTICE
theme exists skipped
  NOTICE
actkey exists skipped
  NOTICE
last_login exists skipped

If anyone could offer advice to get my usernames to populate and function the way they should, it would be greatly appreciated. tia

jdseymour
Re: Xoops 2.2 Installed, migrated users from 2.0.13 manually, please help

Why are you migrating manually? that is the hard way around. The database has changed between the two versions. An upgrade would have migrated the users automatically.

You will need to compare the SQL from the 2.0.13 version to the SQL of the 2.2 version, edit the 2.0.13 SQL file to match the new tables (if any) and add the option to "add drop tables" so it will clear the tables before creating them.

m0nty
Re: Xoops 2.2 Installed, migrated users from 2.0.13 manually, please help
  • 2005/7/30 16:01

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yup, your user id's (uid) will probly not be synced either..

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits