dickinsd
Does any one know how to hack the Error on Line 34 page?
  • 2005/7/30 12:28

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello there.

Our hosting company has got a problem at their end with the MySQL server that databases for 3 of our sites are sat on (lucky us) so all pages are displaying the following:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If 
you are the administrator of this siteplease visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

Or similar. (The windows host produces a slightly different error for some reason)

Now I don't doubt that the host will have the problem resolved soon, but what I want to know is how I can hack this page, I would rather the page displayed the site logo with a message like We are experiencing problems at the moment, sorry for any inconvenience, please try again later. That sort of thing.

Any ideas where the error page is called from?

Thanks

Dave

Peekay
Re: Does any one know how to hack the Error on Line 34 page?
  • 2005/7/30 12:47

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Are you using XOOPS Protector? If so it may be the cause. See this thread for some more info. If that's not it, I can't help.

In my case, I have no idea what triggered the error, however another CMS that I run on the same host suddenly refused to allow a login on around the same day. This was ultimately attributed to a date/time discrepancy between my host's website server and the DB server.

I ran a test to check the web server date/time (which was an hour slow) but I don't know how to check the DB server.

Maybe the battery ran out and it's 1984 again.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

dickinsd
  • 2005/7/30 12:54

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

I do use XOOPS protector on one site, however I know the problem was at the hosts end as it took 3 sites from 2 different hosts down because they were pointing at the same database server which fell over.

The hosting company has now got the db server back up and running just fine now, end result been that the sites are all running fine also.

I just want to know where this error meesage is called from so that I can make it look a bit more like the site in question, or point to a HTML front end, I know I can quickly make my own index.htm pages and upload them, but I am looking for something that would be presented without my intervention.

Dave

Peekay
  • 2005/7/30 13:08

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

In that case I agree. It would be better to be able to customise error pages. Any of the core team know where this is generated?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

495 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 495

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits