cwayne
the "clone" command in the template set GONE !!
  • 2005/7/18 8:56

• cwayne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/25

recently got into the duplicated template problem.
after searching the support forum, did find a solution by cloning the default template set.

However, on trying to clone mine, found that the "clone" command's not there in my sysmte >> template.
the column originally containing "view" and "clone" commands was now replaced with white background color only.
and the "view" or "clone" command was not there anymore.
Now I found no way to clone my template and to solve the duplicated template problem.

does anyone know how to solve this ?

cwayne
Re: the "clone" command in the template set GONE !!
  • 2005/7/21 12:08

• cwayne

• Just popping in

any help on this one ?

JamesSAEP
  • 2005/7/21 14:15

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

I too had this happen to me and haven't found a solution yet. I can trace it back to when I uninstalled a module that failed.

cwayne
  • 2005/7/21 16:40

• cwayne

• Just popping in

I kinda once have this problem solved while I upgraded the system from 2.9.2 to 2.0.10.
however, soon found that the 2.0.10 version I was using is an extended version from the Japanese group.
afraid of compatibility problem with my tons of installed modules, I decided to switch the system back to the original 2.0.10.
but, after the switch back, it's pretty sad to find that the "clone" command column was gone again from my template set control.

for it looks like that the table format in html was broken (not only the "action" column was gone, but the following column originally with a check sign indicating the currently used template set was now totally white and containing nothing as well), I was wondering if it's possible to solve the problem from modifying some codes or the database.
maybe the system got some wrong value from the database that caused the table format from being complete.

is that possible ?

Mithrandir

Any PHP debug error messages? It sounds like the page doesn't fully load.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Springanew
  • 2005/7/23 7:05

• Springanew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/12

(ok let's try this again - my 'puter froze)

I'm having the same problem in SAOLGS (no clone option for templates). I have about 8 XOOPS installations so I upgrade them all at the same time and my other active site has the clone option.

I do use slightly different sets of mods for each.

The site is working fine - but I can't update the html. When I go to admin-general preferences - update html - I get a 500 internal server error.

Eventually this will catch up with me. I have updated, overwritten files - just about all a newbie can think about.

So what would cause two different sites to be so different?

I eventually need to fix this whole problem - I don't trust my skills enough to work with MySQL databases and port it to a clean installation.

If needed - I can list the two different sets of mods used. OK back to trouble shooting - I'll be keeping tabs. I am using 2.0.13

Thanks!
Leslie in San Antonio
www.san-antonio-online.com
www.springanew.com
Using xoops!

Springanew
  • 2005/7/23 7:54

• Springanew

• Just popping in

OK how about this -

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sananton/public_html/modules/system/admin/tplsets/main.php on line 93

I turned on phpdebug and then went back to Template Set Manager and this is what I got. I suppose I can compare the files with the working one - but (bats her lashes looking helpless) (grin)

P.S. If this is line 93:
echo '<li>'.$module->getVar('name').' [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=listtpl&tplset='.$tplsetname.'&moddir='.$moddir.'">'._LIST.'</a> (<b>'.$filecount.'</b>)]</li>';

That's my extent ya'll - help? Thanks!
Leslie in San Antonio
www.springanew.com
Using xoops!

Springanew
  • 2005/7/23 9:23

• Springanew

• Just popping in

OH I am SO BAD! I might celebrate with a donut!

I went to MySQL - with phpmyadmin and looked in xoops_tplfile and there was "one itty bitty" line from one of the deleted mods - XOOPS partners (since I am using smart partners) so I dropped it and voila! I have the clone feature back.

Weird part is the 500 internal server error is only happening when I use firefox - it's fine with IE -

OK - enough for me I need some sleep.
Leslie in San Antonio
www.springanew.com
Using xoops!

cwayne
  • 2005/7/24 7:19

• cwayne

• Just popping in

Here's what I got.

Firstly, it's almost pretty sure that the page's not loaded properly.
By checking the generated html code, I believe that at least a < / table> is missed.
The code seems to have an open < table> tag without a close one.
Here's my template management page.

</
table>
              <
br />
            </
td>
<
td align='left' valign='top' width='82%'>
              <
div class='content'><br />
<
h4 style="text-align:left">template management</h4><table width="100%" cellspacing="1" class="outer"><tr align="center"><th width="25%">name</th><th>created</th><th>templates</th><th>action</th><th>&nbsp;</th></tr><tr class="odd" align="center"><td class="head">default<br /><br /><span style="font-weight:normal;">XOOPS2 Default Template Set</span></td><td>2004/2/18</td><td align="left"><ul><ul><li>= News = [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=listtpl&tplset=default&moddir=news">list</a> (<b>11</b>)]</li>

<
li>= Download = [<a href="admin.php?fct=tplsets&op=listtpl&tplset=default&moddir=wfdownloads">list</a> (<b>14</b>)]</li>
file end *****

** some of the template lists are omitted as " .... "

I tried to read the code of the main.php file in modules\system\admin\tplsets.
However, it seems to be too hard to understand the code thoroughly.
Can anyone help ?

Besides, although there's no error in "PHP debug" or "Smarty Debug", it seems pretty weird that while I turned the "MySQL debug" on.
Normally with a pop-up window indicating what sql command's been excuted.
However, while entering my template management page, there's no SQL script pop-up window.
It seemed to me that the SQL command's not been excuted at all.

Is that normal ?

Is it possible that maybe some strange sql scripts stopped the page from being loaded properly ?

cwayne
  • 2005/7/30 11:09

• cwayne

• Just popping in

any help ?

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits