sunny45
How to create Corporate Site using XOOPS ?
  • 2005/7/30 6:57

• sunny45

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/30

Hi,

The install of XOOPS was a breeze (Easy one). But i think i am not find something equivalent to a Menu Manager anywhere in XOOPS.

I have been trying to create a Corporate Web site using XOOPS and so far have not been successful in creating one. Can you please help me with these questions. Your help is very much appreciated.

1. On the Home Page, i want to have very plain HTML content (Just like a welcome page). No Dynamic things like Forums etc.

For example, on XOOPS.org (https://xoops.org/) home page, if i can know how was this text , "Welcome to the Official XOOPS website!" was added that will be helpful. I have been searching for a place to see how to add this text.

2. Under the Main Menu, i want to add link to a Static HTML Pages. And then Under this link i want to have Sub links to other HTML Pages.

For example, i want to have a page like this onehttps://xoops.org/modules/wfchannel/ and under this link, on left side a set of Sub Links come up each having it's own static HTML page. Can i know how was these set of pages Created. Also i see that these Sub Links appear only when the Parent Link is clicked.

Do i need to implement any PHP Code to have these static HTML Pages and Links, or is there any Menu Manger mechanism in XOOPS which can help me add these page & Links.

3. On the XOOPS.org site, on left side, how was this box added "Development" with Links to other pages and Sites. Can you please let me know how was this done.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sunny

Anonymous
Re: How to create Corporate Site using XOOPS ?
  • 2005/7/30 8:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

It's too esay to do this, just go to system admin then blocks and we will find at end "add new block", just at title bokx type "welcome" and slecet visible at frontpage then set it at center-center block

Another things can do it by adjust blocks and select good theme for your site.

ebayti
  • 2005/7/30 9:16

• ebayti

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/28

I'm a new user for XOOPS also,,,

I have tested it after testing multiple CMS, i found it the most orgenized yet excellent features and easy to use.

however what i coudnt find, is a proper manual for instlaling, configuring, administring and troubleshooting XOOPS cms.

i have managed to dig my way in XOOPS cms, this is because i have the previous experience in other similar products, however such documentation should be presented to facilitate to learning process for new users.

Regards,

eBayti

jdseymour

May I suggest XOOPS for dummies which is an excellent resource for new users.
And also my XOOPS flash tutorial section Answers a lot of questions visually. There is also an operations guide available, but I am unable to locate the link ATM.

HTH.

ebayti
  • 2005/7/30 14:29

• ebayti

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/28

I'm a new user for XOOPS also,,,

I have tested it after testing multiple CMS, i found it the most orgenized yet excellent features and easy to use.

however what i coudnt find, is a proper manual for instlaling, configuring, administring and troubleshooting XOOPS cms.

i have managed to dig my way in XOOPS cms, this is because i have the previous experience in other similar products, however such documentation should be presented to facilitate to learning process for new users.

Regards,

eBayti

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits