MikeFalcor
Re: My little collection of ideas
  • 2005/7/30 6:59

• MikeFalcor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

How about the ability to sort modules in the admin side of xoops? For instance, I have 27, yes 27, modules installed on my instance of xoops, but I only USE (in my menu) 9 of them. For some reason, XOOPS has a random method about sorting those installed modules. What a hindrance!

Just to test this out, tonight I did a personal clone of a games module I made. I copied it, uninstalled the original, and then installed them both...one right after the other. TADA! The one that I had named Games2 showed up at the 3rd spot on my modules list while the original that I had renamed (so clever) as Games1 showed up on the bottom of the list. ....um....huh?!?!

Anyways, my point is that things would be MUCH easier to manage on a site that had SOME form of order that the Admin could choose! I not only want the Module list ( hover over System > Modules ) sorted, but I would also like the order of the modules that have admin prefs sortable as well. If I make it hidden, move the damn thing to the end or the beginning of the list!

new_bie
  • 2005/7/30 8:00

• new_bie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/29

I would love to have a corporate version of XOOPS with few pre installed modules..

sikey
  • 2005/7/30 9:04

• sikey

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/29

You can easily order your modules to your wishes using "weight" in the module admin...

Quote:

MikeFalcor wrote:
How about the ability to sort modules in the admin side of xoops? For instance, I have 27, yes 27, modules installed on my instance of xoops, but I only USE (in my menu) 9 of them. For some reason, XOOPS has a random method about sorting those installed modules. What a hindrance!

Just to test this out, tonight I did a personal clone of a games module I made. I copied it, uninstalled the original, and then installed them both...one right after the other. TADA! The one that I had named Games2 showed up at the 3rd spot on my modules list while the original that I had renamed (so clever) as Games1 showed up on the bottom of the list. ....um....huh?!?!

Anyways, my point is that things would be MUCH easier to manage on a site that had SOME form of order that the Admin could choose! I not only want the Module list ( hover over System > Modules ) sorted, but I would also like the order of the modules that have admin prefs sortable as well. If I make it hidden, move the damn thing to the end or the beginning of the list!

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits