hydrO
blank screen after ugrading from xoops 2.013 to 2.2
  • 2005/7/28 9:54

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/8 8

I did an upgrade from 2.013 to 2.2 and i got a blank screen on my home page. When i tried clicking on the submit button on xoopsupdate.php nothing appears.

So i reverted back to my old files, and still i am getting a blank screen on my homepage. Now i am able to access certain modules and admin section ,but on my homepage i get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in .....modules\smartfaq\include\functions.php on line 185

An ideas wht might be causing the problem?

Cheers
Download Dhivehi mp3s
[size=x-small]www.gnatoll.com[/size]

bluenova
Re: blank screen after ugrading from xoops 2.013 to 2.2

Is smartfaq set as your start page? if so change it in general prefs. There will be a new release of smartfaq for XOOPS 2.2 during the summer.

hydrO
  • 2005/7/28 9:59

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

No its not set as my homepage. Not even a block of smartfaq in the homepage.
Download Dhivehi mp3s

Bender
  • 2005/7/28 9:59

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

hydrO wrote:
I did an upgrade from 2.013 to 2.2 and i got a blank screen on my home page. When i tried clicking on the submit button on xoopsupdate.php nothing appears.

So i reverted back to my old files, and still i am getting a blank screen on my homepage. Now i am able to access certain modules and admin section ,but on my homepage i get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in .....modules\smartfaq\include\functions.php on line 185

An ideas wht might be causing the problem?

Cheers

Try turning on php debug after uploading. (Possibly using "recovery.php" to do so. Maybe you suffer the same problem as described here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=39042&forum=1
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jdseymour

Well for one thing, with the database changes of version 2.2 (changing to modules for PM and users extended profiles) you cannot revert back simply by uploading the files. You must make a database backup prior to the upgrade, then restore the files and the database to revert to 2.0.13.

The smartmodules are being upgraded shortly to be compatible with version 2.2.

hydrO
  • 2005/7/28 10:08

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

Yes! I restored the database and it worked!
Thank you for your quick helps!

BTW what other modules are incompatible with XOOPS 2.2? Do they have a list of modules or something?
Download Dhivehi mp3s

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits