rajaito
Re: Profile (with portrait upload) hack finally found! Need a conversion!
  • 2005/6/23 3:22

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/3 1

Whoah!!

I skimmed this topic previously, but when I saw it bump up to the top again, I dove a little deeper into it. mOnty, I believe that you may have Created the much needed profile hack that I have been whining about... and it was right here under my nose all along.

I am going to download this and install it on my test site as soon as I can. (I have to spend some time with my girl first!) :)

But if I am going to use this hack there is something that will have to be a little different for me... on my site I have made the uploadable avatar up to 500 pixels wide, then all over my site, I change the image size in the code so the file is resized. Therefore, I wish to keep it this way. Then the user's photo is also their avatar. Simple just the way I like it.

Soooo I have 2 questions:

1. Can I easily remove the photo upload option from this hack?? I am sure I can just comment it out or something right? If sooo..... I'll prolly also make some other layout adjustments.

2. I didn't read this entire thread, so I am curious how the auto login hack will effect this profiile hack??

m0nty
  • 2005/6/23 3:45

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

personally i think you'd be better off using the avatar for it's intended purpose.

the photo hack part works in exactly the same way as the avatar does, both in uploading, customising, setting image widths and file sizes etc.. and you can call it anywhere where the smarty variable is defined.. and use the smarty code : <{$user_photourl}> to display the image. you can even disable it completely like the avatar.. the settings are in user info settings in admin.. so really you don't need to remove the photo part ;) keep it as a spare in case you change your mind or could use it for something else.. it's only the template that you would need to change

but it isn't that hard to remove.. the hacks are commented.

previous on this thread and on the test site you can find the hacks seperated, so there's a profiles hack and also a photo hack in case you only want the 1. (altho i haven't done the single profiles version with the date of birth function.. so you'd have to edit that to add it..

autologin hmmm, the hack will affect a couple of the autologin files.. but like i said to rominus regarding that, it would be a lot quicker and easier to add the autologin hack (by editing) to this hack than adding this hack to the autologin hack..

Rhomal
  • 2005/7/9 2:21

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

> run the query from both sql files using phpmyadmin

I dont understand how you do this, how you import the mysql.sql file per the fresh install doc. any help appreciated.

addicti1
  • 2005/7/22 12:31

• addicti1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 4

Quote:

limecity wrote:
monty,
i might have a little problem with the installation.
after editing and i submit.
it goes to a white page.

i did follow the readme file.

I check the sql and i saw this :

"PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `uid`
More than one INDEX key was created for column `uname` "

addicti1
  • 2005/7/22 12:33

• addicti1

• Just popping in

I too am having this problem - can anyone tell me how to fix this?

"PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `uid`

More than one INDEX key was created for column `uname` "

m0nty
  • 2005/7/22 12:44

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

what XOOPS version you using? and did you download the correct version for your xoops.

if using XOOPS 2.0.13 u need the 2012 version..

addicti1
  • 2005/7/25 14:52

• addicti1

• Just popping in

I've had this problem since the download when using 2.0.13 but I have now upgraded to 2.2rc2 and still have this problem. Is there something I can do? Can I delete one of the keys and every thing still work properly?

m0nty
  • 2005/7/25 15:22

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

well it definitely doesn't work with 2.2 like said it only works on the version it specifies.. it isn't needed on XOOPS 2.2 as you can create your own fields anyway.

altho i might try and do the photo upload hack for 2.2.

my suggestion if ur using 2.2 is to install it fresh if u haven't got lots and lots of content.

Lyrick
  • 2005/8/1 11:35

• Lyrick

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/1 1

where can i get the photo hack for 2.2

in the profile menue you can only add textfields, an upload for own Pictures etc will be great. is this possible, - if yes, how??

m0nty
  • 2005/8/1 11:41

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:
where can i get the photo hack for 2.2

there isn't 1 for 2.2

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits