michieltokyo
wrapping it all in

Dear xoopers.

I have asked before and will ask again,

www.japanese2day.com is a NPO website with a free dictionary sponsored by Monash University. Now currently when you click on our dictionary links, which you find here www.japanese2day.com you go here

http://www.japanese2day.com/cgi-bin/wwwjdic/wwwjdic.cgi?1C&PHPSESSID=910615d02ea75d868a0d7e717198f02f

as you can see its on our server but its not wrapped into xoops, could someone please advise or help me how to make this happen, as we have over 3000 people using the dictionary with a direct link and not seeing the other options we offer for free/

Thanks you
visit www.english2day.com its free

Cyberock
Re: wrapping it all in
  • 2005/7/20 20:54

• Cyberock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/18

I am looking for the same information, only I want to wrap an entire site ... I think I saw a FAQ named "Can I include my pages in XOOPS ..." (close to that) and there was a good explanation there that I think will work. Let me know if you find out anything better? Thanks

riomx
  • 2005/7/20 21:17

• riomx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

This module is excellent and allows for wrapping HTML pages to integrate them into Xoops:

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1554

However, I'm not sure if that means only independent HTML pages (as in one at a time) or a whole site.

I've never tried it, but the link above is a start and you can experiment.

- Joe

Cyberock
  • 2005/7/23 18:19

• Cyberock

• Just popping in

I used auth to wrap an html page, and it worked great. I then tried to wrap a php site, and it went south on me. The site I was wrapping is a bug-bear of linear programming, repeated functions, not modularized very well, and excessive code that could have been done in half as many lines of code ...

but it has the functionality I need. Couldn't wrap it tho ... Anyone have any luck wrapping php sites index.php) with auth or any other similar script? I'd appreciate any tips to save me from re-writing the whole site ... ( not )

JMorris
  • 2005/7/23 20:09

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Either download MyPage content wrapper HERE, or manually wrap the content with the appropriate code below:

Paste at the beginning your file
<?php
include("mainfile.php");
include(
"header.php");
$xoopsOption['show_rblock'] = 1//0 for no right block
?>

Paste at the end of your file
<?php
include("footer.php");
?>

You will most likely need to change the paths of the included files from relative to static, i.e.:

From
include("mainfile.php");

To
include("http://yoursite.com/mainfile.php");

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Cyberock
  • 2005/7/24 0:48

• Cyberock

• Just popping in

Thank you James. I'll give it a try. I will have to experiment sisnce I'm confussed about where the files need to reside, now that I've used auth.

I think I'll try your method and leave them in their installed directory. Also there's the issue of the name index.php being unusable, and trying to put the code in an html file between tags with auth.

What I really need to do is make a module and get the functionality that way. It's a hosting billing application with some nice features like paypal payment and auto account creation on the server after confirmed payment, plus billing/receiving/ordering support.

Ah well, I mentioned that in case anyone who reads this can offer an alternative application or anything. Thanks again James I'll hook it up tonite, wait and see!

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits