asdfasdf
custom forum images
  • 2005/7/16 18:06

• asdfasdf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/10

Hi,

I'd like to put a custom forum image for each forum. I looked over the php files (I dont know php) and I noticed that Quote:

<td class="even" align="center" valign="middle"><{$forum.forum_folder}> </td>
<td class="odd"><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=<{$forum.forum_id}>"><strong><{$forum.forum_name}></strong></a>
<br /><{$forum.forum_desc}> <{if $forum.forum_moderators}> <br />

is where the action happens, specifically in {$forum.forum_folder}.

I have a suspicion that the forum array is generated from what the admin creates in the cp. How would i modify that array to include custom image for each forum and thereafter, load the image via ($forum.forum_folder) or some new call?

asdfasdf
Re: custom forum images
  • 2005/7/17 16:13

• asdfasdf

• Just popping in

no one knows? The best i could come with was to stick an image in descriptino portion of the template, but that's real cheap.

therealdeal

I would like to know how to do this, doesn't anyone know how to?

davidl2
  • 2005/7/18 0:07

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

What image do you mean? If you mean replacing the standard "folder-like" icons... this isn't difficult to do.

therealdeal

Yes it is replacing the envelope icons on each individual forum that you have on your site. But only on the main forum page, not when you view the forum topics in each forum or the envelope icons at the bottom of your forum page, them envelope icons will still show up.

jdseymour

Within the newbb image directory you will find a directory called image sets. You can create your custom image set, upload it within the image set directory, keep with the naming structure of the images and your new image set will be selectable within the newbb/CBB module admin page. There are lots of images in the set, so I would suggest exploring the images and changing just the ones that you want to change.

Just remember to name the images that you create to the same name as the original image you are replacing.

HTH.

asdfasdf
  • 2005/7/19 0:27

• asdfasdf

• Just popping in

Okay i see the image set folder. But what naming convention do i use for the forum images? Can you provide an example?

jdseymour

Say that you want to replace the blue envelope image shown at the top of this forum page. The URL to the image is:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/images/imagesets/default/folder-a.gif

Your new image to replace this image should be named folder-a.gif

HTH.

therealdeal

Yep, thats all well and good but that will replace the blue envelope everwhere on your site.

I'm talking about replacing the envelopes on every forum with different ones, not the same one.

Example...

My forums using Xoops...

Resized Image

To this with different icons for each forum...

Resized Image

asdfasdf
  • 2005/7/21 7:19

• asdfasdf

• Just popping in

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. How would you selectively control the display of the image next to the forum at the top level page?

Login

Who's Online

93 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 93

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits