Pnooka
Re: 2.1 Debug Party
  • 2005/7/14 6:56

• Pnooka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

There's still some minor bugs in profile fields.
These appear in the edit profile page.

Quote:

_NESTED
_FLAT
_THREADED
_OLDESTFIRST
_NEWESTFIRST

No matter how i try i can't get these translated to finnish. I know that these fields exists in the global.php file, but they are not displaying correctly no matter what i try to do.

Marco
  • 2005/7/14 17:23

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

hy lovely core coders

here are a resume of bugs I've previously found but that are there there in last night Nightly Build version

1/ Notice [PHP]: Constant _MD_POSTEDON already defined in file modules/news/language/english/main.php line 88

2/ Private messaging / index , from main menu
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: perpage in file modules/pm/viewpmsg.php line 173
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: perpage in file modules/pm/viewpmsg.php line 180

3/Extended Profile/index from main menu
Some undefined constants in seach Profil function :
Comments Display Mode : all variables (_flat, _nested, _threaded)
Comments Sort Order: same Newest_first and oldest_first

Playing with admin area
--------------------------------

4//modules/pm/admin.php
Private messaging / index --> blank page

5/ Private messaging
. icon display in message list inbox/outbox/savebox
it's looking for /modules/pm/images/download.gif
example: /modules/pm/viewpmsg.php : image does not display for 2nd column

6/Preferences Main »» Meta Tags and Footer / Meta Author
is there any automatic keyword renderer, as in Hervet's or marcan's module ?

7/Profile/ field creation
could you add a "add a file" type of field ?

8/Profile , type of field
Could we group by default all instant messengers relative fields, so that thay appear all together, instead having Signature field (and so) between them ?

9/ Profile / Edit User : no user in select box. I have to use List feature ? why ?

10/ Profile/ permission settings / searchable by these groups
"Receive occasional email notices <br />from administrators and moderators?" --> br tag to remove

11/ Go to home
- I know there is a clickable logo, but why not making "Go to Home" more visible ? -->like in previous version, in top toolbar !

12/ Preference
there is a path link at the bottom of the admin page, but it doesn't display the module you are looking into (eg always Preferences Main »» General Settings).
why not adding with adding Home link in "Preferences Main »» General Settings" too, so it's look like "Home >>>Preferences Main »» Module >>>General Settings", for example

13/ There is a lack of Clear Cache fonctionnality. You still have to nabigate through admin in settinfs to clear cache. There is a lack of One shot clear cache, like one shot go to Homepage !

14/ Find user functionnality
module--->administration ---> system ---> find user.
This feature is not visible in admin toolbar menus

15/ modules/system/admin.php?fct=comments
if you navigate with IE through admin menus in admin toolbar, all options( eg "all modules" "any status") are hidden by admin menus, as you navigate through them.
It's a theme issue under Internet Explorer

Will check now if alain's findings have been corrected.
After that, I will try an upgrade and a new install.

marco
Do synergy or die.

phppp
  • 2005/7/14 17:48

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

MarcoFr wrote:

4//modules/pm/admin.php
Private messaging / index --> blank page

marco

for "perpage", did you update pm module?

pm admin/index.php is empty but should not a blank page

Marco
  • 2005/7/14 18:08

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Quote:

MarcoFr wrote:

hum, I forgot to delete this, since I remember after an offline draft to update other modules than System module !
rrrrrrrrr !
thanks phppp.

Quote:

pm admin/index.php is empty but should not a blank page

I confirm this.

+ me MUST test further modules acceptance with this version. I noticed phppp has modified his module, but should each dev modify his module ??? Which part of module should mostly be impacted by this new version ????
Quick Tests we have made @ XOOPS France let us notice that some modules don't work very well with this version (but work with 2.0.13): catads 1.4 bêta (post does'nt work), wf links (category deletion), timesheetxoops (nothing is displayed). To be confirmed.
I must admit, if module is well designed (eg use core classes), it should work. All external scripts ported into a module (ex: timesheet xoops) have a greater probability to be impacted, no ?

marco
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

Quote:
All external scripts ported into a module (ex: timesheet xoops) have a greater probability to be impacted, no ?

Certainly.

The above-all biggest change in XOOPS 2.2 is that the users table is split between essential information (uname, name, password, email) and additional information (AIM, ICQ etc.) so therefore, if a module is accessing the XOOPS users table directly and try to get fields that are no longer there, the query will fail.
This is unfortunate, but I'm afraid that it just has to be that way. The new dynamic user profile functionality opens up for a whole new range of possibilities especially for external scripts - but I want them to be kept separate from the essential data to ensure data integrity in the event of accidents.

Since e.g. the user's aim data can still be accessed with $xoopsUser->getVar('user_aim'), it should not affect modules that use the core API (member handler mainly) to get users.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/7/14 22:28

• Marco

• Home away from home

ok, thanks, this is the right way.
i've reported in dev.xoops.org's forum some side effects. I've just post a new version of our QA checking list, this tool will help devs checking some aspects to ensure their modules use @ the best Xoops's API.

And what about my previous posts (made this afternoon), that lists bugs/improvments that are still here (point 1 to 15) ?
marco
Do synergy or die.

Mithrandir

I spotted this after the RC release, but will get as many as possible into the final release

Quote:

1/ Notice [PHP]: Constant _MD_POSTEDON already defined in file modules/news/language/english/main.php line 88

modules/news?
I can't find the constant in the core, so are you sure this is not a module conflict?

Quote:

3/Extended Profile/index from main menu
Some undefined constants in seach Profil function :
Comments Display Mode : all variables (_flat, _nested, _threaded)
Comments Sort Order: same Newest_first and oldest_first

Will try to find a workaround for constants used in dynamic profile field options

Quote:

5/ Private messaging
. icon display in message list inbox/outbox/savebox
it's looking for /modules/pm/images/download.gif
example: /modules/pm/viewpmsg.php : image does not display for 2nd column

Fixed in RC
Quote:

6/Preferences Main »» Meta Tags and Footer / Meta Author
is there any automatic keyword renderer, as in Hervet's or marcan's module ?

Not yet

Quote:

7/Profile/ field creation
could you add a "add a file" type of field ?

Not at this time, no

Quote:

8/Profile , type of field
Could we group by default all instant messengers relative fields, so that thay appear all together, instead having Signature field (and so) between them ?

Not at this time, sorry. Some come from the System module, some from the PM module and some from the Profile module. I did experiment with field categories coming from the modules, but it was simply too cumbersome to manage.

Quote:

9/ Profile / Edit User : no user in select box. I have to use List feature ? why ?

Because that is how the new XoopsFormSelectUser works - on the upside, you should now no longer run into issues with 200+ users

Quote:

10/ Profile/ permission settings / searchable by these groups
"Receive occasional email notices <br />from administrators and moderators?" --> br tag to remove

I have changed this, but if you installed the module before this, you'll have to edit the field and its description manually through Admin -> Profile -> Fields

Quote:

11/ Go to home
- I know there is a clickable logo, but why not making "Go to Home" more visible ? -->like in previous version, in top toolbar !

Theme issue - will be better, when more admin themes come out, I'm sure.

Quote:

12/ Preference
there is a path link at the bottom of the admin page, but it doesn't display the module you are looking into (eg always Preferences Main »» General Settings).
why not adding with adding Home link in "Preferences Main »» General Settings" too, so it's look like "Home >>>Preferences Main »» Module >>>General Settings", for example

What should be in that module page? A list of preference categories for that module? I don't think that is really necessary. I might misunderstand you, though.

The "home" link is probably not a bad idea. Might add, but don't place money on it

Quote:

13/ There is a lack of Clear Cache fonctionnality. You still have to nabigate through admin in settinfs to clear cache. There is a lack of One shot clear cache, like one shot go to Homepage !

I agree that clearing cache should have its own, clear functionality - but it'll not be until 2.4, sorry.

Quote:

14/ Find user functionnality
module--->administration ---> system ---> find user.
This feature is not visible in admin toolbar menus

It is for me - but it's controlled by the theme, so have you enabled "Update module templates from themes/yourtheme folder" ?
It is under "Users" -> "Find Users"

Quote:

15/ modules/system/admin.php?fct=comments
if you navigate with IE through admin menus in admin toolbar, all options( eg "all modules" "any status") are hidden by admin menus, as you navigate through them.
It's a theme issue under Internet Explorer

Darn that IE.

I hope Ralf can fix that
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Marco
  • 2005/7/14 22:58

• Marco

• Home away from home

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

modules/news?
I can't find the constant in the core, so are you sure this is not a module conflict?

yes, it's a constant conflict ( same as in CBB 1.14)
i saw phppp made some modification into CBB, which has same constant error, is it the right way (having modifed his module)?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

12/ Preference

What should be in that module page? A list of preference categories for that module? I don't think that is really necessary. I might misunderstand you, though.

The "home" link is probably not a bad idea. Might add, but don't place money on it

it's for ergonomy. breadcrumbs to let the user be aware of his position in the admin area: he's in which module ?
That's why i propose to add module name between "Preference Main" and "General Settings".

for other points, ok, will wait for 2.4 !

marco
Do synergy or die.

CeBepuH
  • 2005/7/15 22:25

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Upgrading a 2.0.13 to 2.2 RC

1. Some of my custom blocks got deleted when I updated the System module.

2. Receiving an error message form the update of System module:

Quote:

Field actkey added to the database
Field last_login added to the database
Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists
xoops_module_update_system executed successfully.

3. Although, I had turned on PHP Debug on before the upgrade, now it seems to be off. Nothing is selected in the debug settings in General settings, not even off.

4. Extended Profiles:
4.1. Appears to be installed yet there isn't a link to set its preferences in the Preferences menu. Updated the module.
4.2. As reported before some of my settings (at least those that were different from the default XOOPS installation) were not inherited from the 2.0.13 installation. Those are:
- Minimum password length;
- Allow custom avatar upload?;
- Avatar image max height (pixel);
- Avatar image max filesize (bytes);
- Names that should not be selected as username/displayname;
- Notify by mail when a new user is registered?;
- Display Disclaimer;
- Disclaimer Text.
4.3. On General Settings and User Settings in Extended Profiles Preferences I see those warnings:

Quote:
Warning [PHP]: main(D:/hristo/xampplite/htdocs/phantom/class/xoopsform/formselectlist.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\class\xoopsformloader.php line 38
Warning [PHP]: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'D:/hristo/xampplite/htdocs/phantom/class/xoopsform/formselectlist.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;D:\hristo\xampplite\php\pear\') in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\class\xoopsformloader.php line 38

Same on /modules/profile/edituser.php?op=avatarform page and a lot of other pages.

4.4. There are users without Displayname.

4.5. In Admin >> Extended Profiles >> Users >> Edit User the Select User drop-down menu is empty. Clicking on list and in the new window in User list there are lots of users represented by their uid.

4.6. Trying to edit a user from their userinfo page. Clicking on the 'Edit profile' sends me to a 'System configuration' page. The Webmasters group does not have a system admin right to Edit Users. Trying to give those rights to the webmasters group from Edit Groups but this setting is not saved.

5. On edit groups page:

Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant XOOPS_SYSTEM_USER - assumed 'XOOPS_SYSTEM_USER' in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\modules\system\admin\users\xoops_version.php line 44
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

CeBepuH
  • 2005/7/15 22:49

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

6. PM module is not installed. When I try to install it I receive this:

Quote:
Installing Private Messaging

Table 'phoops_priv_msgs' already exists

Unable to install pm. Error(s):

7. On the front page of CBB 2.2 beta:

Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: name in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 279
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: name in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 280
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: name in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 375
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 8 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 16 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 12 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 8 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 27 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 12 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 32 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 23 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 31 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 26 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Notice [PHP]: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 27 bytes in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\kernel\object.php line 344
Warning [PHP]: main(D:/hristo/xampplite/htdocs/phantom/class/xoopsform/formselectlist.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\class\xoopsformloader.php line 38
Warning [PHP]: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'D:/hristo/xampplite/htdocs/phantom/class/xoopsform/formselectlist.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;D:\hristo\xampplite\php\pear\') in file D:\hristo\xampplite\htdocs\phantom\class\xoopsformloader.php line 38
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits