phpbeginner
My Favicon.ico

Where do I place the favicon.ico so it will show up when my site is saved on someones bookmarks? I know in my root folder, but I can't find the original favicon to delete it.
Thanks

phpbeginner
Re: My Favicon.ico

Found it...no need to reply. Looked better in public_html

phpbeginner

Well, I deleted the original favicon.ico, uploaded my new one but it doesn't show when saved....is there another place I need to upload too.
I still get the XOOPS 'X'.

altphotoart
  • 2005/7/15 6:46

• altphotoart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/14

Did you figure it out? It's actually rahter simple I find... I collected the modules I wanted last night and I've already got my own XOOPS powered site looking somewhat unique. I do have my own problems, but hey- that's why I'm here.

Anyhow... to see if I can help you out... figure out which "theme" you are using. Go into your FTP client, navigate into that specific Theme directory, and right there you should see the favicon. How, what I picked up from someone else (http://www.warpigw2.com) is that you have to go into preferences (admin> system> preferences> General Settings> edit) and make sure that in the "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" section you have selected "YES" ... that's the little secret I figured out. it allows for REcaching of the system.

Select "yes" refresh, it should work. So long as the right favicon is in the proper theme folder. Once you are done, you can return the "Yes" to "no" and remain all safe and secure.

Hope that helps. I'm a newB here, so I might not understand things right, but from what warchild2 said, that seems about right.

~M

bluenova

Also IE is a real bugger with changed fav icons if you've already been to the site, you need to manualy go into your cache and temp folders on your computer and clear them out, even then it might not update streight away, but if you click and hold on the fav icon in the address bar and move it around a bit (like draging it to make a shortcut) it should then update. And if you have the site it favorites, delete it first.

Anonymous
  • 2005/7/15 8:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Is your new icon named "favicon.ico" or else ?

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits