tedsmith
CBB - Recent Topics Block - Changing Colour of Headings?
  • 2005/7/9 13:26

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Does anyone know how to change the colour of the column headings in the 'Recent Topics' block of CBB?

In the case of a site I'm building, the theme has a white background, and the text of the CBB column appears to be white too so I can hardly see it. I'd like to chnage it to black.

I've read the changes that you can make to style.css of my theme, and have done so, but I don't think those changes apply to those particular columns of that particulr block (because they are still white).

Can anyone tell me what I need to change, and where (NewBB2 had it's own style.css file)?

Thanks

Ted

tedsmith
Re: CBB - Recent Topics Block - Changing Colour of Headings?
  • 2005/7/11 17:50

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

*bump*

In fact, if anyone wwants to see what I mean, look at the homepage of http://www.wf-projects.com and look at their 'Recent Postings' block. They have exactly the same 'problem' as me except I'd like to change my text to black instead of white.

tedsmith
  • 2005/7/27 17:46

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

You can view a screenshot of the problem here :

http://www.lost-doggies.com/temp_graphics/Untitled-1.jpg

I am assuming there is a setting in the block or templaates that you can change for this, but could it be a theme setting? If so, I am using the Obscene3 by Aston Themes if that helps (nb the site I am referring to is not the one in my signature).

Thanks

Ted

Bender
  • 2005/7/27 18:42

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

I just kicked this question over to someone who i belive will know. If so expect an answer shortly
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Bender
  • 2005/7/27 19:29

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Ok here we go:

You can change the font color for that text by adding it to the .head definition in style.css file.

Around line 326 there should be:

Quote:
.head {background-color: #F2F2F2; padding: 5px; font-weight: bold;}

change it to:

Quote:
.head {color: #000000; background-color: #F2F2F2; padding: 5px; font-weight: bold;}

If you want to change the color of the bar you can just change the background definition in that line. However: that would affect other blocks too.

HavenĀ“t seen any problems yet with adding the "color" for the font however.

Of course i did not find out myself but asked xpider. So any cheques to be sent to him.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

tedsmith
  • 2005/7/28 9:30

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Hey Bender and Xpider

Thanks for helping me with this.

I've changed the line you specify. In my case it was line 310. There were no other instances of .head in the document and looked exactly as you said. Changed it, uploaded it overwriting the original style.css file, deleted the content of templates_c, checked that "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" was set to 'Yes', and that there was no caching enabled....but no change unfortunately. The text is still showing as white just as it was before?

Have I done something wrong or was the solution not quite right?

Thanks guys

Ted

tedsmith
  • 2005/7/28 9:55

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

It seems to have worked now! Not sure what I did wrong earlier, but I've just re-uploaded the changed style.css file and now it is working as it should.

Thanks a lot guys (ignore the PM's)

Ted

Login

Who's Online

296 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 296

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits