Firetroll
HTML in User Ranks?
  • 2005/7/8 18:49

• Firetroll

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/8 1

Hi all.

I know what it's like answering questions over and over that have already been asked and answered, so I tried searching and FAQ reading to no avail.

I first must say I love this site engine - for free no less! Let me say Thanks to the developers for allowing me to actually play the game I was dreading making a website for. I know how but, lord, what a pain to start from scratch and make a database-intregrated web system

Anyway, the thing I can't figure out is how to make HTML user ranks display properly in newBB. In the User Ranks Setting portion of System Admin it shows up perfectly, but under each user's name in posts on the forums it just shows the html. I'd love to have different colored ranks to differentiate those "special" members.

Here's the rank:
<font color=red><b>Mustache Mafia</b></font><br/>

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Firetroll
Re: HTML in User Ranks?
  • 2005/7/11 15:36

• Firetroll

• Just popping in

So... I'm the first person that's wanted to do this I take it?

Mithrandir

Yes, I think you are the first to try this.

I'm not sure whether allowing HTML in the user rank is a good thing or a minor detail that might as well be allowed... Maybe we should rather try to add a colour attribute to the ranks?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

indream
  • 2005/7/11 16:23

• indream

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/21

oow nice idea same vbulletin :)

can we make this on XOOPS 2.0.13 ?

Firetroll
  • 2005/7/11 17:29

• Firetroll

• Just popping in

Mithrandir wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I think you are the first to try this.

I'm not sure whether allowing HTML in the user rank is a good thing or a minor detail that might as well be allowed... Maybe we should rather try to add a colour attribute to the ranks?
----------------------------------------------------------

I agree wholeheartedly - I just tried the HTML hack because that's how you have to do it in other forums (many times you have to actually edit the database directly). It would be great to just be able to put, say RANK, in and have it work.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits