sikey
News 1.3 permissions problem
  • 2005/7/8 21:26

• sikey

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/29

I have upgraded my news module to version 1.3 but the problem i'm having is that when i set permissions for viewing/adding/approving news everytime i select all the permissions for one, the permissions for the other dissapear?...
meaning, i add permissions for adding news, then all of a sudden permissions for approving and viewing are gone...

Can anyone help me with this?

dickinsd
Re: News 1.3 permissions problem
  • 2005/7/9 16:30

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Not sure if I am getting you here.

But just in case this is a simple mistake (due to a poor design - no ofence the module is great but this was a little short sighted)

You have to give permissions for those that can approve news items and press submit (Do not worry about the other options on that page for now)

Then you have to go back to permissions and tick the boxes for those that can submit news items and then press submit

AND then you have to go back to permissions and tick the boxes for those that can view the news items and then press submit.

It doesn't matter what order they are done in as long as you realise and remember that you have to tick the boxes and then press submit for each permission setting 1 at a time

I hope I read your post correctly and that this helps you out.

I really like the news module, but I did think that was a pretty rubbish way of assigning permissions, still once its done, its done!

Dave

sikey
Re: News 1.3 permissions problem
  • 2005/7/11 9:00

• sikey

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/29

That's the way i do it, but it always results in the previous permissions being deleted...
i go and select those that can submit, press that submit button, go back to permissions and select those that can approve and press submit, and go back again only to see that the permissions for submitting are all blanked out again...

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits