ManXP
XOOPS and SQL Connection
  • 2005/7/9 8:58

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

I have one question about XOOPS and SQL connection.

If I have 2 websites (and I need to have 2nd website as main website mirror), I simply enter SQL host, user and password from 1st website to 2nd website and it takes all the data from 1st website, right?

Now the main question: If I make any changes on 2nd website, these changes will be applied to 1st website too, right? Because both websites use the same database...

Mithrandir
Re: XOOPS and SQL Connection

yep
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

ManXP
  • 2005/7/9 13:22

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Thanks Mithrandir,

Your answers are clean and useful as always.

And I think there is no way to make this:

2nd website uses its local database, but uses data for one table (yes, not for all tables!) from external SQL database?

Mithrandir

Quote:
And I think there is no way to make this:

2nd website uses its local database, but uses data for one table (yes, not for all tables!) from external SQL database?

You are - to my knowledge - correct.

This, however, is possible:
both websites use the same database, with different table prefixes. 2nd website uses the prefix of 1st website for one or more tables.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

ManXP
  • 2005/7/10 17:18

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Great!

How can I make it work in real life? website2 must use table "xoops_wfdownloads_downloads" from website1 and all other tables should be used from local database.

What do I need to change?

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits