asche
IP or Domain? - playing royal flush with two 7's?
  • 2005/6/16 18:40

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 9

sorry, for the subject of this posting, but I am dreaming of riding a Concorde and Iam still riding a tricycle and I am getting desperate.

What I would like to have:
have the domain name in url, not the ip
the users of the "coordination-group" for the referendum - who are registering at the website www.mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de with "domain intern" email addresses like xxx@mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de - to be able to receive email-notification for new postings via email

What I have instead (thats what I call ridung a tricycle)
the ip-adress in the url, because when I insert domainname as XOOPS_URL in mainfile.php, setting the notification-options for a posting returns an error:
Undefined offset: 2 in file include/notification_update.php line 77
The requested URL /~user/~user/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php was not found on this server.
Also this mismatch between ip-address in mainfile.php and domain name seems to provoke problems with login and user-privileges as described in several postings in this forum.

when I change XOOPS_URL back to ip adress, setting the notification option for postings works without error, but then there are no emails send (even the email-addresses are allright outside the XOOPS-system and notification via email works allright for "extern email addresses outside of the domain").

What is really obvious is the error The requested URL /~user/~user/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php was not found on this server.
when using the domain name instead of ip in mainfile.php.

Does anybody know?

m0nty
Re: Multibrowserproblem ? - "you dont have the privileges to enter this forum".
  • 2005/6/16 18:56

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

just a thought.. try editing preferences of newbb module.. check the paths there etc and possibly updae the system module and newbb module from the modules install page..

asche
Re: Multibrowserproblem ? - "you dont have the privileges to enter this forum".
  • 2005/6/21 8:51

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

hi monty, I am still struggeling ... and now seem to have an (additional) error after changing mainfile.php.

pleas see here

asche
Re: 404 Not Found error - The requested URL /~user/~user/.... was not found on this server.
  • 2005/6/21 15:10

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

here we go again:
right now I have domain name in maifile.php and - setting the notification-options for a posting - run into this error:

Undefined offset: 2 in file include/notification_update.php line 77
The requested URL /~user/~user/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php was not found on this server.

Ha ow come that this error appears with domain name in mainfile.php?

Why I dont want to change back to ip in mainfile.php?
a) the ip shows up in the url
b) user are upset with receiving errors claiming they have no rights to open a posting (this error in combination with ip in mainfile.php is described here:
Quote:
It may be a conflict problem between the registered XOOPS Site URL and your browsers actual URL at logon time.

So somebody knows where this "double username" /~user/~user/ comes from even my mainfile shuld be all right?
define 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/username/public_html/html');
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.mobilfunk-volksbegehren.de/html');

asche
Re: 404 Not Found error - The requested URL /~user/~user/.... was not found on this server.
  • 2005/6/25 22:17

• asche

• Not too shy to talk

I still have this problem with XOOPS lookin for a directory path containing two times the username of my account (even I am using a new account now with a newly installed XOOPS and database, tables from old db imported in new db).

Not Found
The requested URL html/modules/newbb/admin/admin_forum_manager.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would be very happy about info about this "double username" (my own guess: it has something to do with confi options?).

Mithrandir

Errr...

You are writing the physical path (/~user/html...) in the URL in mainfile.php?

It should be something along the line of "http://domain.com"

Edit: I can (by actually reading ) see that you say you don't do that. But why is it trying to open a path instead of an URL?

If you email the contents of your mainfile.php to me (obscure the database details, please) I can take a look at it.
Mithrandir attie XOOPS dottie org
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits