JimLunsford
Module Updater Module

Would it be possible to build a Module Updater Module? Something that could check for module updates?

wcrwcr
Re: Module Updater Module
  • 2005/6/25 8:17

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi Jim

That could be a really nice feature.
But don?t you think it would be better to include that function inside each module, like an auto update?

Another point, what could happen if the developer just desapear?

Mithrandir

Something that could send a list of dirnames + versions to a central server that will check with its list and return information about new versions.

Sounds doable.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

davidl2
  • 2005/6/25 11:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Could be part of standards on modules as well....

JimLunsford

I have a script that we use on another project that does as Mirth suggested if anyone is interested in looking at it.

Mithrandir

Certainly
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Herko
  • 2005/6/25 15:41

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This could be part of the Repository module too

Herko

JimLunsford

I am waiting for the author of the script to send me the latest docs and files then I will post a link to them.

Mithrandir

Yeah - I'm thinking a downloads module that can receive these calls and then another module that the user would install which would take the installed modules and check for a new version.

I'm thinking a separate module for this last part, since one could then add features such as separate check-servers for individual modules (this and that module should be checked up against this - the author's - server while the rest should be checked up against the xoops.org repository)

Something like that.

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits