bungoman85
modules not showing up in module install list
  • 2005/6/2 16:57

• bungoman85

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

Hi. I just tried to install the document management system and the iMenu modules and for some reason they aren't showing up in the list of modules I can install. I've done this before and it worked fine. I have the directories containing the modules in the right place and they both are readable/writable by Xoops. I'm getting no error output, so it seems like it's not even seeing the modules. Anyone else out there had this problem? If so, what am I doing wrong?

davidl2
Re: modules not showing up in module install list
  • 2005/6/2 17:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Can you check the module directory is not actually a directory with the module in it... if that makes sense

bungoman85
  • 2005/6/2 18:14

• bungoman85

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/23

Yeah that does make sense. I actually did check for that at first. Right now the modules are like this

/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/modules/iMenu/
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/modules/dms/

and beneath each directory is all the files needed for the module, they're not in further sub-directories (which would cause a problem, right?). This has got me stumped. Being a n00b sucks.

soconfused
  • 2005/6/23 9:36

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/2 1

Hello
Did you manage to resolve this as I'm having the same problem?

jdseymour

Sure wish I knew what the answer to this is. I install and uninstall modules all the time and never had a module disappear on me. As long as the path to the module is correct and no extra directories in the path the module shows for me 100% of the time.

Maybe it is time to list server settings in these threads so a common problem can be found.

bluenova

Even if the module was in a sub-dir, it would still show in the list and say 'Module file not found!' Very strange indeed.

soconfused
  • 2005/6/23 12:07

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

It is indeed - I'm completley stumped I've been reading through the forums and after 62 pages I'm still none the wiser, just developing eye strain
I even tried uninstalling/re installing my ftp software incase that was at fault, tried a different ftp software, uninstalled/reinstalled my browser in case it was playing tricks on me with the cache, tried different browsers....

soconfused
  • 2005/6/23 12:20

• soconfused

• Not too shy to talk

Do you or have you had the quote4xoops module installed?
see here:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37801&start=0#forumpost165469

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits