UteWebMonkey
New to Xoops, is there any way to ignore certain users?

I'm about 95% sure I'm going to migrate my existing community website into the XOOPS system, but there seems to be one key feature missing, and I'm hoping that I'm just overlooking it.

One of the most important features of my existing site is the ability for one user to ignore another user, meaning that once a user is ignored, the ignored user's posts in the forum disappear to those ignoring them, and the ignored user is not able to send private messages to anyone ignoring them.

It's an essential troll-dissuasion feature that really cleans up the forum. When you run a site like mine (sports related), you really get a lot of fans from other teams coming over trying to cause trouble on the site. The first measure we take against them is to just let anyone who doesn't want to read their crap put them on their ignore-list. That way it's a personalized thing. If they start getting nasty then we do things like disable their post privileges or ban them entirely from the site.

But for the most part, this "democratic" method of personalized filtering does an outstanding job. Is there anything like this in Xoops? Or will I have to modify the modules to support this?

Thanks!
Chris

kotis
Re: New to Xoops, is there any way to ignore certain users?
  • 2005/6/16 15:39

• kotis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/23

I'm also interested in the feature mentioned above... Is there any update available?

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits