phoethein
Multi-Lang web dev with WYSIWYG editor for alien country
  • 2005/6/13 13:09

• phoethein

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/25

I've been searching the whole evening, can't find any infos or may be overlooked...
I just need an information of how to add font which isn't unicode in the editor to display on my content page but, .ttf as my native country language doesn't have unicode supported fonts. I need simple tutorials or hacks on WYSIWYG editors which integrated into XOOPS 2.0.10. I'm just thinking of using one of the editors, FCKeditor, HTMLArea, Koivi. But, what I learnt from koivi dev site is they don't continue the project and it's obviously stacked on the latest ver. released last year. So, it meant Koivi is perfect version and no need for future development which I heavily doubt so???This is the only issue I don't like Koivi for future.
And, I would like to know if there is any ways to translate XOOPS into lanaguage which is not supported by windows nor mac as defaults. My native country is Myanmar and they don't have a font supported by any OS like hebrew, france and sort of. So, last time, if I wanna write sth in Myanmar language, I use the fonts most people use and just plainly use
<font face=WinKalaw>

And, if end-users have font, it will appear correctly...If not, they are forced to install new font which I uploaded to my site and let 'em d/l... So, that's y I can get navigation bar and all in Myanmar language.

But, in xoops, I'd like to create multi-language site mainly english, myanmar... What would you suggest????

Please I need help from lots of ppl and really appreciate if u can find your time to solve my issue.

Thanks,
daniel(if you need more infos, let me know)

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits