kortex
problem with admin login
  • 2005/6/12 0:13

• kortex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/12

Hi!
i installed XOOPS in my server and i hadn't problem, but when i going to see my web don`t appear nothing, only a simple front page. I tried to login how admin (user.php) and see me that i haven't got permission... and i cannot enter in administration menu.
http://www.alianzafia.unixserverhosting.com/

Thanks you very much, ahh sorry if my english isn't good, i'm spanish and it's no easy write in english ;)

Cheers,
KorteX

Catzwolf
Re: problem with admin login
  • 2005/6/12 0:19

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hi,

I would suggest that you use the stable version of XOOPS rather than the beta (not unless of course you wish to test this version for us lol) that you have installed at the moment.

ATB
John

wcrwcr
  • 2005/6/12 0:24

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi john, nice you?re back

Taking a ride on this topic, I?d love to see a list of all modules that keep a full compatibility with the last stable version, the 2.010, isn?t it?

Thanks

Catzwolf
  • 2005/6/12 0:35

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hi wcrwcr,

Nice to be back thanx.

I don't think that there is a list and I would be surprised if there where any module that actually would meet a strict criteria on this. Even the most well coded modules I have seen actually use-depreciated code and this is something that really needs to be addressed.

Example:

$xoopsModule->dirname(); Is actually a depreciated function and yet it is still used.

Another one is the way that many applications connect to the database, they use the wrong class and when this class is removed then we will have many more problems in the future.

ATB

John

alitan
  • 2005/6/12 5:52

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Make sure when you log in the session information doesn't appeare in the address bar. If so, Here we go we have another problem with XOOPS 2.0.10 !

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/6/12 6:01

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

possible is the norton ( or other antivirus ) problem?? before you get into heavy duty coding....

LOOK here before you go further!

cgibb1014
  • 2005/7/10 2:40

• cgibb1014

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/10

I just downloaded XOOPS today and had no problem installing it. I logged in as admin and set up block, changed the logo, and a few other things.

I was able to flip to the home page from the admin panel and could see everything fine. Decided to take a break.

Now if I go to www.yourhostfinder.com/xoops/index.php I get a simple screen, but not the full home page.

If I go to www.yourhostfinder.com/xoops/admin.php I get a message that I don't have access to this area and then the same simple screen.

How can I not have access? I was just signed in.

What's up with that?

Please don't say I just wasted all this time installing software that's full of bugs. I'm ditching phpNuke because I just couldn't take all the bugs anymore.

Can anybody help?

jdseymour

Apparently, somehow you do not have permissions set for anonymous users to have access to the login block.

First go tohttp://www.yoursite.com/user.php and login then go tohttp://www.yoursite.com/admin.php to access the admin menu.

HTH.

psindia
  • 2005/7/10 3:59

• psindia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/31

will you specify the XOOPS version ???
Please don't visit ==>tenthstone.com!
==>vinodsr.com!

cgibb1014
  • 2005/7/10 4:32

• cgibb1014

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/10

I'm using version 2.0.13.

Thanks JD. That got me in but there's still something wrong there. If I log in a from user.php and then go to admin.php it sees me as two users, anonymous and admin.

When I first installed it, I got a completely different login screen, that looked like it was just a doorway into the back end. I've never seen that screen again. If I go directly to admin.php, it just says I don't have access. I would think it would let me try to sign in first before it said I didn't have access.

It also seems that if I turn off anonymous comments, it won't let an anonymous user vote in a poll, but I guess that's off topic here.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits